Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to see property maps?

Options
  • 13-05-2021 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

I'm currently in the process of applying for planning permission. During the course of this we had cause to look at my uncle's folio on landdirect.ie We found there a boundary line on one part of the farm that, to put it mildly, makes no sense to us. I understand that the maps were digitized in a company in India. We assume that a mistake was made during this process, but I'd like to be sure, so how does one go about this?

Would the original maps be in the Registry of deeds or the property registration authority? and is it just a matter of walking in and asking to see them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭148multi

patsman07 wrote: »
    I'm currently in the process of applying for planning permission. During the course of this we had cause to look at my uncle's folio on landdirect.ie We found there a boundary line on one part of the farm that, to put it mildly, makes no sense to us. I understand that the maps were digitized in a company in India. We assume that a mistake was made during this process, but I'd like to be sure, so how does one go about this?

Would the original maps be in the Registry of deeds or the property registration authority? and is it just a matter of walking in and asking to see them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You can apply for all documents associated with the folio, might need your uncles permission, what solicitor did he use when he administred it.
    You might need them to search for the file.
    It not unusual for boundaries to be marked incorrectly for different reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭chooseusername

I e.mailed the Waterford office with a boundary query and got the reply below
    within a week. I can't recall what fee, if any I paid.
    I added a screenshot of the relevant map, highlighting the area I was querying
    along with the folio number.
    Hope this helps.

Sir,

Further to your enquiry, I have looked at our maps and it appears that the boundaries of Folio XXXXXXX would appear to be correct.

As the plot of ground in question is of a substantial area, a Deed of Transfer would have to be lodged. This would involve getting professional advice from a solicitor.

Our fees may be viewed at http://www.prai.ie/eng/Legal_Professional_Customers/Fees/Land_Registry/Land_Registry_Fees1.html

xxxxxxxxx

Regional Mapping Director

Advertisement