Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 year old won't sleep in cot

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Absolutely stepping stone, the nights are long and the years are short as they say! Not casting judgement on others choices, personally wouldn't use crying it out methods as just not for me.
    OP I follow Lynsday Hookway on Instagram and she is fantastic for promoting normalised sleep stages for babies and toddlers. She's a big believer in feeding to sleep if you breastfeed.
    I also remember feeding being less effective at times but in phases so will pass.
    She's worth checking out as it's so refreshing to have someone dispel myths around baby sleep such as making a rod for your own back rubbish. Follow your instincts and all will be well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

fits wrote: »
    Is it me or is it mostly male posters who are on for the cry it out tough love approach?

I am female and while I wasn't on for it initially, it worked for our 2nd child and in 3 nights too. Many moons ago now.
    Our first child had no sleep issues and was only ever in our bed if ill.
    Nightmare with our 2nd child and we had tried several other things before "cry it out".
    First night I cried too. But it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

It might be worth trying to transfer her back to the cot each time after she has fallen asleep in your bed. Make sure she’s warm enough and wrapped up in a blanket that is transferable. It might take a few sleepless nights but hopefully she will get past the need to wake through the night. As long as she’s not hungry, too hot or too cold then she should be able to develop the ability to soothe herself back to sleep if she keeps waking up in her cot.

I use white noise as an independent sleep association from the time my smaller baby goes down until he wakes up, if he wakes in the night and shows no sign of going back himself I will lift him and cuddle him back to sleep then pop him back.

Advertisement