Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idles UK & Ireland 2021

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

link?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭exilec

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ah here. Why? At a pinch, I can understand some of the big American acts knocking European tours on the head but what's the excuse for these boys?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

would love to know why kilmainham's been cancelled....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jimosterberg

They said its due to logistical issues beyond their control. No idea why, they play a festival in the UK the day before.

I got an email and have been refunded already. Really a pain after cancelling the other shows too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

very poor form from them considering the vicar street shows were binned also

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I was really looking forward to this gig and disappointed it's cancelled.

Saw them in Iveagh Gardens in 2019 and they were brilliant.

I hope they schedule an Irish gig later this year.

Binned due to Covid which was completely beyond their control.

Somethings things just happen you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

Actually, if they held on, the rescheduled dates of late Jan could have went ahead but appreciate the input, captain obvious

• Advertisement

No need for sarcasm.

There was no way the January shows could have gone ahead as they could not have planned a gig like that at such short notice as the restrictions were left very unexpectedly and also very quickly. A decision had to be made and at the time they made the right call.

A band doesn't just play an international concert at the drop of a hat as there's lots to arrange so that's why I replied to your "poor form" comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I think S8N just meant that, bearing in mind fans had already had dates cancelled on them, not rescheduled, then moved to a new more expensive date, then,in the current everything open circumstances, had that again cancelled,,fans have a right to be slightly pissed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

They're playing Wolverhampton the night before. Odd. The logistical issue is not the band being able to fly over from Birmingham the day after but all the crew and the gear making it from middle England to set up for a gig the next evening in Dublin.

Was never going to work. Somebody in scheduling fúcked up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

It could also be down to ticket sales?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Was at the Lisbon gig on Friday. That is some venue. The sound was impeccable. The gig was good with a but....they wasted about 10 minutes near the end dicking around playing a Cranberries/March Carey tribute and didn't play a handful of songs I would have expected like Model Village, Great, Carcinogenic etc.

Advertisement