Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harvey Norman 10% OFF FLASH SALE

• 29-04-2020 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Harvey Norman has 1 day flash sale - 10% off furniture, bedding, home appliances and TVs + free delivery on furniture.

I don't usually trust Harvey Norman to have a sale but in this case prices seem really good.

I got a Bosch washing machine which is 599 euro in every store, but with HN I got 10% off.

hnie-4230-flash-sale-banners-hnie-leadspace-3840x640-1.png?fit=fill&bg=0FFF&w=3840&h=640&auto=format,compress

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

Had my eye on a cooker before the lockdown, so when I got the text about the sale yesterday I checked the price. It's still the same price today but says a further 10% off at checkout but then it just stays at that price. Is there a code needed for the 10% discount?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Was looking at a cordless hoover and the price hasn't change either despite the website implying it has

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 inyourp

For me 10% was taken off at the end during checkout before paying for the item.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

inyourp wrote: »
    For me 10% was taken off at the end during checkout before paying for the item.

Sorry your right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭frash

Harvey Norman are having a sale!!
    OMG this never happens

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Got onto live chat and whatever they done when I retried it the discount applied. The discount with free delivery makes it worthwhile and saved about €120.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

frash wrote: »
    Harvey Norman are having a sale!!
    OMG this never happens

:rolleyes:

Ahh but you're missing the point. The OP is saying that there is actually a discount!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭nailer54321

No discount on a lot of products, just over priced to start with and then so called discounted to make it look good, typical harvery norman tactic. shop somewhere that actually price the products correctly in the first place. Don't waste your time with this crap. Get you act together Harvey norman and stop taking your customers for fools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

Im waiting almost two weeks for my nutribullet from HN hard to contact anyne there now i would avoid this shop now. I think they cant handle. Saying that DPD is busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭iHungry

I'm interested in a new TV but couldn't find the warranty info on the page. I got on to the live chat about the warranty, 1 year warranty on a €1300 TV...eh no thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

iHungry wrote: »
    I'm interested in a new TV but couldn't find the warranty info on the page. I got on to the live chat about the warranty, 1 year warranty on a €1300 TV...eh no thanks.

Richersounds is the best place for warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

4motion wrote: »
    Im waiting almost two weeks for my nutribullet from HN hard to contact anyne there now i would avoid this shop now. I think they cant handle. Saying that DPD is busy.

Funny that - I ordered a yoke of Amazon last Wednesday - got it delivered just now by DPD..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

No discount on a lot of products, just over priced to start with and then so called discounted to make it look good, typical harvery norman tactic. shop somewhere that actually price the products correctly in the first place. Don't waste your time with this crap. Get you act together Harvey norman and stop taking your customers for fools.

But there are discounts on some goods, so it's not a waste if what you want is included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭Homelander

Yeah I was considering an OLED TV and right now with the discount + free delivery on the model, Harvey Norman is the cheapest place to get it by €120.

There are definitely some bargains to be had in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 inyourp

Hurrache wrote: »
    But there are discounts on some goods, so it's not a waste if what you want is included.

I agree,

I compared the price of the washing machine to Soundstore (with UC 7% discount), Currys, Expert, Did, Powercity .. etc and HN with 10% was the cheapest.

10% discount is nice, and it would work well for them if stores were open (as sales people could get customers to buy) but as it's online it's so easy to compare. But in my case it was (probably the first time in history of Harvey Norman) actual good deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Thanks OP! Had my eye on a cordless vacuum anyway so got 10% extra off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Richersounds is the best place for warranty.

Every appliance has an automatic 2 year warranty. In fact it applies to everything bought in the EU.

Whether its the latest technology or a pair of laces if the product fails or breaks from a fault i.e. not through wear and tear you're entitled to repair or a refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Homelander wrote:
    Yeah I was considering an OLED TV and right now with the discount + free delivery on the model, Harvey Norman is the cheapest place to get it by €120.

Mind me asking which model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

FLOOPER wrote: »
    Every appliance has an automatic 2 year warranty. In fact it applies to everything bought in the EU.

Whether its the latest technology or a pair of laces if the product fails or breaks from a fault i.e. not through wear and tear you're entitled to repair or a refund.

Sure but the richersounds 6 year warranty is in addition to these rights.

Some electrical chains are notoriously difficult to deal with in these situations where they will refer you to the manufacturer no matter how much recitation of the various consumer rights acts you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭johng906

Anyone know what delivery times are like for small furniture like chairs from HN with the lockdown?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,128 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

4motion wrote: »

My recent experience with DPD is that they were rubbish before they became "busy". You only have to look at Trust Pilot reviews to see how well thought of they are.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Got a dual control electric blanket. Had been meaning to get one for a while. It was down to €70 (€65 plus €5 postage) in Harvey Norman. It was €90 everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭eposhea

Have to hand it to HN on this. Ordered washing machine, dryer and dishwasher Tuesday...got discount over the phone. All being delivered on Friday. Emailed the sales person this morning about an additional 10% off on website and they rang back and confirmed refund of the additional 10% discount 👌No questions asked...and I was hearing up for a fight!

Got an email saying there is a 24 day delay on my order being delivered, this I presume on top of the 6-7 days it said yesterday. Just as well I'm not in a hurry for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

markc1184 wrote: »
    Got an email saying there is a 24 day delay on my order being delivered, this I presume on top of the 6-7 days it said yesterday. Just as well I'm not in a hurry for it.

Ordered from Harvey Norma Monday, no word on when it will be delivered. Nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭Coill1

On Paddy's day I ordered a freezer from one of the large electrical retailers (paid online & got receipt email) Almost 2 weeks later they emailed to say they were out of stock? (I was raging!) Anyway got onto H Norman website immediately, paid for & had freezer delivered the following Tuesday. I was / am the first to complain about their ads, continuous sales etc. BUT, they won't be forgotten for their service - & I'll be remembering that service with my loyalty in future (sorry for the rant!)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭odddavey

Just beware if you need to return an old washing machine or any other large items, they don't collect them when delivering the new one. I was ready to hit buy and got on to the chat. They said you could bring it over to the shop when it opened again. Ended up going with power City, they collected the old one. Slightly more expensive though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i ordered a hairclippers last week, wednesday, it's stuck in DPD since saturday with no ETA, even managed to get stuff from england from amazon on monday this week, that i ordered last monday, came via an post.

DPD seem to be overwhelmed atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Some retailers are including notifications on their own sites that some of DPDs depots are experiencing huge delays so can't give estimated delivery dates.
    I ordered a couple of things from Currys on Monday, one package was delivered Wednesday, the other out for delivery today, to Dublin with DPD so it varies locally.
    Whereas DHL has something being delivered to my wife for ages without any movement.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

FLOOPER wrote: »

No, there isn't. The 2 year part was never put into Irish law, because our consumer protection was deemed superior. We have to go through the Small Claims Court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

I was waiting two weeks for my order to arrive. This is not DPD issue its HN. I've chate with them 3 or 4 times then after few calls my local HN shipped item and i got it next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Actually, they just delivered. Quite good in the circumstances

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭djo789

Ordered Cordless Vac yesterday Arrived by DPD today Super fast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

bee06 wrote: »
    Thanks OP! Had my eye on a cordless vacuum anyway so got 10% extra off!

My order arrived today so no delay at all.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Ordered on 29\04. Delivered this morning, 36 hours later! Probably one of the fastest deliveries I've ever had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭johng906

Harvey took a week to dispatch my order. And now delayed with DPD... hopefully not another week

Advertisement