Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

St. Marnocks Bay - Dun Si

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dunston

Hi Rickytumtum,

The link you posted is password protected, would you mind sharing the password or PM'ing me even?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Could I get the same also if possible? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Alicano

Many thanks for that huge amount of info RickyT. We are meeting with estate agent for a chat and look around tomorrow. We drove out there on Sunday and it is still very much a building site but that's expected. Regarding the planes. It is directly in line with runway 28/10 at Dublin. June bank holiday last year had 2860 arrivals and departures. Granted you would only experience half of that number depending on which direction the aircraft were approaching/departing from. But one flew over while we were sitting there and it was loud! Kinda cool, but wouldn't fancy 1430 of them over 3 days. And unlike other airports, Dublin has no curfew. So that's probably the only area of consideration. My Sister has the DART right at the bottom of her 20metre garden and non of her family blink when it goes past so there is hope for adjusting to noise :-) Many thanks again for the info. It's a very nice standard of development. I'm glad that you and other Boardies are happy there. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Whack1983

http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgateIM.WebSearch/Results.aspx?grdResultsP=5

The above is the planning on fingal county council for next phase.

A pity the other link is not working any more as they had it laid out well and easier to follow than above

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭TM2015

We have also considered this and some of the other developments in the area, though I think we are going to stick with the Southside. Is it true that once the new runway is completed, Dun Si will be right under the new take off path, which is considerably louder than landing?

• Advertisement

Whack1983 wrote: »
    http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgateIM.WebSearch/Results.aspx?grdResultsP=5

The above is the planning on fingal county council for next phase.

A pity the other link is not working any more as they had it laid out well and easier to follow than above

This link doesn't work either, how do you find it on the CoCo website? I searched for Portmarnock South but the planning documents I've seen are over 7 years old.

Ah didnt realise it times out. I search planning applications by map so not sure how to link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

TM2015 wrote: »
    We have also considered this and some of the other developments in the area, though I think we are going to stick with the Southside. Is it true that once the new runway is completed, Dun Si will be right under the new take off path, which is considerably louder than landing?

Dun Si is currently under the flight path for the existing runway. The new runway is approximately 1 km north of the existing one so in effect the new runway is good news for Dun Si but not for older more settled areas of Portmarnock.

SHD/012/19

If you search that on fingal planning site it takes you to it

Then click additional documents, a lot there but site plans are on fifth(last) page

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Alicano

SHD/012/19

If you search that on fingal planning site it takes you to it

Then click additional documents, a lot there but site plans are on fifth(last) page

Thanks Whack. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Thanks Whack.

Based on previous articles I'd seen online, it looked as though c. 1,000 houses/dwellings were anticipated for the wider project - any idea if that's still the case (might be referenced in the wider master plan that was mentioned as being in the password protected micro site)?

Based on 100/150/150 dwellings for Phase 1a/1b/1c respectively, there's still c. 500+ houses to be built at the project over the medium term then?

Thanks Whack.

Based on previous articles I'd seen online, it looked as though c. 1,000 houses/dwellings were anticipated for the wider project - any idea if that's still the case (might be referenced in the wider master plan that was mentioned as being in the password protected micro site)?

Based on 100/150/150 dwellings for Phase 1a/1b/1c respectively, there's still c. 500+ houses to be built at the project over the medium term then?

on the planning the have a documnet "Boundary Details" which gives what is in the development framework plan

Phase1A - 101 units built 2017 (I think)
    Phase 1B 150 units (phase they are finishing now)
    Phase 1C 153 units (phase that they have just received planning permission for)

this leaves 589 units for future development which they have an image of proposed layout in that document

Thanks Whack.

I understand there is a new phase which they are hoping to launch at the end of this year comprising of mainly 3 beds. It won't be called Dun Si - it'll have a new marketing name but the EA wasn't able to give me anymore info than that.

I'm confused about whether it'll be 1B or 1C as shown in those planning maps. The Dun Si brochure has a future development section marked at the bayside of the existing houses - doesn't seem to tie out with the planning document I've just viewed.

on the planning the have a documnet "Boundary Details" which gives what is in the development framework plan

Phase1A - 101 units built 2017 (I think)
    Phase 1B 150 units (phase they are finishing now)
    Phase 1C 153 units (phase that they have just received planning permission for)

this leaves 589 units for future development which they have an image of proposed layout in that document

Just found this Boundary Details doc now. It gives the best view of it. Surprised the future development goes right down to the new cycle path. These units will be right next to the bay. The phase due to launch end of this year must be 1C in the map.

Dunston wrote: »
    Just found this Boundary Details doc now. It gives the best view of it. Surprised the future development goes right down to the new cycle path. These units will be right next to the bay. The phase due to launch end of this year must be 1C in the map.

Yes those houses will have a nice view over the cycle track and bay.
    The greenway is supposed to be linked directly to the estate at top and bottom.
    but at the moment you need to walk out onto station road to get onto it

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

KS_1602 wrote: »
    Hello, i'm in the development. Does anyone know if there is an active residents group on fb or similar?

I applied to join a group called "St Marnock's Bay residents group" on fb a few months ago - no response for me or my partner.

Thanks

Yes, there is a very active WhatsApp Group for St Marnock's Bay and Dun Si and also a newly formed WhatsApp community group for Dun Si

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eth

Johnny86 wrote: »
    Yes, there is a very active WhatsApp Group for St Marnock's Bay and Dun Si and also a newly formed WhatsApp community group for Dun Si

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how we can get added to those WhatsApp groups? I've been searching on the internet and social media for those but couldn't find any.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Tazium

And me please, took a spin out last weekend to see progress on our build. Block on the Avenue that's nearly done. Some scaffolding still up and progress seems slow. Being cheeky, I'd enjoy getting an update from anyone close by it to let me know how it's going.

Hi, would also be interested in joining this if you could share

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

No problem - if you can send me a DM i can add.

• Advertisement

Thanks, just sent DM

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

An active group of curtain twitchers giving out about cars being mis-parked :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 YGG

Thanks, just sent DM.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sparkle109

Hi would you mind to pm me the name of the estate agent? Would be very interested in. 3 bed here but haven’t heard any mention of these
    Dunston wrote: »
    Thanks Whack.

I understand there is a new phase which they are hoping to launch at the end of this year comprising of mainly 3 beds. It won't be called Dun Si - it'll have a new marketing name but the EA wasn't able to give me anymore info than that.

I'm confused about whether it'll be 1B or 1C as shown in those planning maps. The Dun Si brochure has a future development section marked at the bayside of the existing houses - doesn't seem to tie out with the planning document I've just viewed.

sparkle109 wrote: »
    Hi would you mind to pm me the name of the estate agent? Would be very interested in. 3 bed here but haven’t heard any mention of these

EA is Savills. It's section 1C on the map referenced earlier. Looks like a considerably smaller area than the existing 1B section with the same amount of units so this is slightly off-putting. Will wait and see until further info is available

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Emcirl

Any chance you could add me also? Hopefully moving in to the avenue by the end of the month!
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cramil42

Looks like the next phase is open for expressions of interest, 3 and 4 bed. The signage went up last week, it's called Skylark. Talk of a 3 acre park on the website too. The agents are Savills and Noel Kelly again.

I'd love to be added to the whatsapp groups too please. We moved in to The Crescent about a month ago and we're really enjoying it so far. Have sent a DM @Johnny86.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 merikahan

We are looking to buy in this estate. the build quality is really good but only concern is the planes flying overhead every couple of minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭lcarrol3

Has anyone had any luck with getting rough prices for Skylark from the agent?

• Advertisement

lcarrol3 wrote: »
    Has anyone had any luck with getting rough prices for Skylark from the agent?

The developer is undecided about whether to have all of the 3 bed stock eligible for HTB or only a portion of it. They really should be capping the 3 beds at 500k. Would be difficult to shift without HTB as can be seen with the remaining 4 beds in Dun Sí.

Advertisement