Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EV insurance prices

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭zg3409

EVs are nothing special, prices vary a lot, depends on car and driver history.

You should check if new car comes with free breakdown from manufacturer of car. Check it covers towing back to home if battery runs flat.

If not you may want break down, personally I take the risk, and can pay for a tow truck if caught out.

Homestart is typically not covered by most policies at standard in case you have a flat tyre at home etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Which insurance companies are people going with?

I'm trying to buy insurance on a 212 Tesla Model 3 (SR+, RWD - approx €50k) and the cheapest quotes I am getting are more than €600

Profile: mid-40's with 19+ years Full driver licence, insurance in own name, 6+ years NCD, 0 Penalty points, OH has a similar profile.

I've tried

• Chill
    • The AA
    • 123.ie
    • Quote Devil
    • SuperValu
    • Bank of Ireland
    • Axa
    • Aviva (online they won't quote me because Tesla is not a listed car make 🙄)
    • Liberty (no online quote)

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

182 Nissan Leaf- First policy, 10+ years of named driver experience

Zurich- €594.22

AXA- €613.29

AA- €604.29

123.ie- €915.57

its4women- €963.25

An Post- €547.34

bonkers (Zurich)- €669.30

Allianz- €535.28 (with some options)

KennCo- (through Quote Devil) 520

Post edited by Metalpanic on

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jjohnrockk

No quote from Zurich, AXA etc. 123.ie at 1400 for Volvo C40. 1 Year NCB.

Question : I have a car which will complete two year insurance in July (NCB of second year).

The new Car will arrive in next 15 days. What should I do not to lose 2nd years No claim Bonus on existing car. .

Please advise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,202 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Ncb isn't linked to the car it's related to your periods of insurance. Just get your existing insurer to transfer insurance to the new car and in July you'll have your 2 years ncb

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jjohnrockk

Thanks, managed to do it :-). Thanks a million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Some very wide quote ranges here from 300-700 for what seem to be similar profiles!

😎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

EV insurance for Tesla model 3 RWD

evinsurance - €1,055.00

Chill - €700 for 9 months mid-premium (€420 initially on old car)

Aviva - €441.70

Quite some differences there

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Affluenza

Late 20s 6y NCB.

22 iD3 full comp with Zurich. No optional extras (€250 excess, €30 window excess etc).

Last year was €567.

Renewal this year is €788. Strange as TPFF is €491.

Been with them since 2018. Guess I'll be looking around!

Places I've tried so far (All standard fully comp, no extras):

Fresh zurich quote with OBS discount - Wouldn't give a quote.

Chill.ie - Again, wouldn't give a quote.

getsetgo.ie - €3,363.

Aviva (€300 excess, stepback brings total to €665, protected NCB is €90!) - €619.

I heard Aviva have been fairly good this year so I probably won't get lower than €620? Anyone have any other places I could try?

Really didn't think my insurance would be still in the €500+ range by this age :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,289 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Paid €459 the other day on a BMW i4 through the AA. 50 year old with +20 years claims free driving.

Dearest quote I got was from AIG who wanted over 1k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

2017 Zoe ZE40

cheapest was Ornella at 500, Allianz at 530, and that was a jump from 430 last year… NCD and fully comp.

late 40s, 3 years NCD

Advertisement