Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€43 DVD player (multi region)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Free delivery is UK only, and there is a 1 to 2 week delay after ordering them (which usually means that stock levels are depleted and they are waiting for a new batch to come in)

Great DVD Player though (when you eventually get it!) :)

- Dave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by TmB
    Free delivery is UK only, and there is a 1 to 2 week delay after ordering them (which usually means that stock levels are depleted and they are waiting for a new batch to come in)

Oh, didn't know it was UK only :( It's still cheap though!
    And it's number 14 in the Amazon uk sales rank. eep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Dose it have random/shuffle play?? I feature I find very importtant!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

How much would P&P be for that to Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 X4

This item can only be delivered within the UK and Republic of Ireland

Features

Multi-region capable

Compact design - 380 x 50 x 285 mm

PAL/NTSC Playback

Multiple CD/DVD media support

MP3 CD compatibility

3D virtual surround modes

Smart Equaliser audio modes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

It's working at at 56.88 including delivery to Ireland at the moment using the current exchange rate on www.xe.com

Still a very good price!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭esentziak

What is random/shuffle play???

our DVD got fried by lightning last week and we'll be looking to replace it at some stage, so I am curious.

thanks for reply

Esentziak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Notice the other two Yamada DVD players are "Multiregion DVD players" while that one is called a "multiregion capable DVD player"

/me wonders.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Originally posted by syke
    Notice the other two Yamada DVD players are "Multiregion DVD players" while that one is called a "multiregion capable DVD player"

/me wonders.....

I was reading on amazon that it doesn't come region free out of the box but they had the instuctions on the site to make it region free....a couple of button clicks and you can set the region to whatever you want (assuming its a valid regiong code). Also you can set it to zero and it should be regiong free "play most title" i think was what was said on the site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Well I just ordered one anywho, so we'll have to see how it works out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

esentziak wrote:
    What is random/shuffle play???

That means if you are playing WAV or MP3 format instead of listening to your music track 1,2,3,4 etc you listen 1.78,45,15 etc.I wonder is that any good to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Bought one yesterday and they sent me the shipping notice this morning. Hurray !

Originally posted by alb
    Well I just ordered one anywho, so we'll have to see how it works out.

Well???? Whats the story?

Originally posted by wolfman
    Well???? Whats the story?

Erm I doubt he has it yet. But let us know guys, thinking of getting one myself

This is the whole problem with buying online

He bought it late last Thursday night or early Friday morning and it's more or less a week now and he's probably still waiting for it.

Don't get me wrong. I buy plenty online myself, but it doesn't satisfy the impulse buyer

Originally posted by wolfman
    This is the whole problem with buying online

He bought it late last Thursday night or early Friday morning and it's more or less a week now and he's probably still waiting for it.

Don't get me wrong. I buy plenty online myself, but it doesn't satisfy the impulse buyer

Wait wait wait. Internet shopping isn't FOR the impulse buyer. People buy online because it's cheaper, and you can find stuff online that's difficult to get in stores.

Waiting a week for stuff from amazon is no different to ordering over the phone. Don't rag on the interweb :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Ordered 2 myself! Should arrive next week with any luck.Reading the customer reviews on Amazon inspires me. ;)

carb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Mine arrived this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Well it arrived last Friday (patience ppl!) and I've not had much time to check it out but it plays mp3s Cds fine and some old music videos i had in mpg format on some CDs as well. Had a quick look at my pearl jam live DVD in it as well and it seems grand. The remote seems nice with loads of buttons and I was able to hook up a set of speakers through the L/R phono socket output on the back too. all good so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 juggie

it arrived today.. the total cost was euro 58 incl post.. will check it out tonight

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Dammit it's out of stock :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/468294/202-0096318-2685408

for another cheap player, good spec - €71 inlcuding delivery.

Formats DVD, VCD, SVCD, CDDA, CVD, CD-DVD, Mini-DVD as well as CD-R and CD-RW discs containing MP3 audio files or JPEG images.
    This DVD player has been modified to provide multi-region playback

20 programmable tracks

Skip to previous/next chapter

Fast search forward/backward in four different speeds

Slow motion in four different speeds

Play / Resume Play / Pause / Step / Stop / Title search

Mute

Repeat A-B / Repeat (one/all)

Multi-Angle-Function

Zoom function in three steps

Bookmark function

PAL/NTSC compatible

Mike.

Originally posted by ixoy
    Dammit it's out of stock :(

Yeah and do you know WHY it's out of stock? Some bastards are buying a load up and selling them on ebay for £29.99.....plus £10-12 postage. Of course amazon post them free within the UK, so these guys are pocketing money for doing nothing more than entering in the buyers address! I brought this to the attention of amazon but all i got back was a few emails from their brainless goons ....telling me how to use amazon marketplace? Hello?

They were sold out last Saturday but I managed to grab one on Monday, it shipped yesterday. They might be back in stock, just keep checking.

Wouldn't it be nice if amazon limited these offers to one per customer/credit card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Still waiting for my 2 to be delivered , they finally dispatched them yesterday. :)

carb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

carbsy wrote: »
    Still waiting for my 2 to be delivered , they finally dispatched them yesterday. :)

carb.

I hope they’ve arrived by now.

Ah those were the days. The kids wouldn’t know what a dvd was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

I hope they’ve arrived by now.

Ah those were the days. The kids wouldn’t know what a dvd was.

17 year old thread, why, just why? Lockdown getting to you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Fúck. I missed this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Don't worry about it. Yamada are a good make, but they're no Nonda. And not a patch on Tawasaki.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Eh anyone know where I can get a decent VCR recorder????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,507 ✭✭✭✭Esel

jaxxx wrote: »
    Eh anyone know where I can get a decent VCR recorder????
    VHS or Betamax?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

degsie wrote: »
    17 year old thread, why, just why? Lockdown getting to you?
    You should try touch.boards.ie, it likes to sort posts by oldest first the odd time for some reason.

It's great for finding bargains like a 20" 4:3 monitor reduced from €760 to €570, a 20GB MP3 player for €200, and a 120GB HDD (not SSD) for just €99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,558 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I've heard good things about this new Laser Disk thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭matchthis

Support your local chart busters or xtra vision

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭TetraSonic55

You should try touch.boards.ie, it likes to sort posts by oldest first the odd time for some reason.

It's great for finding bargains like a 20" 4:3 monitor reduced from €760 to €570, a 20GB MP3 player for €200, and a 120GB HDD (not SSD) for just €99.

That's been happening to me as well. I just thought it was me or something :D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Donkey OTae

#metoo

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement