Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you believe in UFOs & flying saucers ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭flanna01

Only a month to go now till disclosure.

Excitement building?

Anti-Climax on the way....

Ain't no Government worth it's salt gonna tell us they can't protect their air space...

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭MyLove4Satan

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

Has Joe Biden ever been asked about this topic? It would be interesting to see how a sitting president would reply given the recent governmental revelations. In the past it was easier for other presidents to make a joke
    about and move on. For all Trump's faults we would be getting a lot more from him right now with the recent videos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »
    Has Joe Biden ever been asked about this topic? It would be interesting to see how a sitting president would reply given the recent governmental revelations. In the past it was easier for other presidents to make a joke
    about and move on. For all Trump's faults we would be getting a lot more from him right now with the recent videos.

What did Trump say about the videos from a few years ago? Because he went on Alex Jones’ show, conspiracy theorists thought he was going to fulfill their wildest dreams. Then again some of them thought he was going to round up the paedo cabal, so there’s that.

What did Trump say about the videos from a few years ago? Because he went on Alex Jones’ show, conspiracy theorists thought he was going to fulfill their wildest dreams. Then again some of them thought he was going to round up the paedo cabal, so there’s that.

Trump dismissed what he had been briefed on, saying he does 'not particularly believe it'. A lot has happened in the last few months however, including the request for the report next month which was signed by Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

What n the christ is that vid madnessessss

Mad name man lol

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

This one has been doing the rounds for a while now.

I used to be in the Navy, stationed on an Aegis-class guided-missile cruiser. One day at sea, I’m taking a break on the flight deck (which was just behind the rear Aegis radar array), and I noticed all these dead birds all over the flight deck. It didn’t take me too long to realize that these birds had flown in front of the radar and been microwaved to death.

This gave me an idea. I figured if it works on birds, it should work on popcorn. A microwave’s a microwave, right? So, the next time we pull into port, I go to get some microwave popcorn.

Unfortunately, my shopping trip coincided with Superbowl Sunday, so the microwave popcorn (and just about every other salty snack in the store) was gone. All they had left was Jiffy-Pop. I didn’t even know they still MADE Jiffy-Pop. Anyway, science waits for no man (or something like that), so I return to the ship and stash the popcorn in my shop.

During our next outing, I tie some string to the handle of the Jiffy-Pop pan, and sneak out onto the weather deck. just forward of my shop was a ladder that led to the deck overlooking the radaar array (but which is closed off during radar operations for safety reasons), so I climb up there and lower the Jiffy-Pop down in front of the array.

BOOM! the Jiffy-Pop explodes immediately, showering the flight deck with burned popcorn. I pull the burst pan up, wind up my string, and chuck the entire apparatus over the side before running back into my shop.

No sooner do I walk in the door, then the phone rings. It’s CICS (the “War Room”). The Officer In Charge wants me to go out on the weather deck and look behind us, and tell him if anything’s there. I do, there isn’t, and I tell him so. He hangs up, swearing.

Later that night, I get the story from a radioman friend of mine who was in CICS at the time. Turns out that the Jiffy-Pop pan had reflected the Radar waves. For those who aren’t familiar with radar operation, a radar array sweeps back and forth, radiating waves the whole time. The waves are then reflected back to the array by anything they hit (such as planes, another ship, etc). This reflection tell the radar how big something is, how far away it is, etc. The problem comes with the wavelengths involved. At too close a distance, and object can show up on the radar as being at a different distance than it really is. Or a different size.

My Jiffy-Pop pan appeared on the radar as a three-mile-wide contact, 100 yards off the stern, and was only on-screen for a couple of seconds before disappearing! The OIC was freaking out about it, and had called the Air Force.

So, in the end, my curiosity about the microwave properties of an Aegis radar caused a US Navy warship to file a false UFO report!

I didn’t tell anyone I was involved until long after I got out!
    – Source Unknown

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

how-the-pentagon-started-taking-ufos-seriously
    For decades, flying saucers were a punch line. Then the U.S. government got over the taboo...

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭flanna01

Steven Greer....... Seriously????

I stopped reading after the paragraph suggesting that JFK was shot because he was about to disclose all the UFO's to his Russian counterpart.. Followed swiftly by Marilyn Monroe untimely demise after JFK had told her about the secret cosmic fleet stashed away...

This is why Steven Greer is bad for this subject - Wise up to him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

They've been taking it seriously for a lot longer than the article implies. They'd have to take unknown aircraft/objects in American airspace seriously.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Talk about blowing hot & cold, well that's where I'm at with all the build-up to the June release by the Pentagon. Claim and counterclaim, believers and non believers, "evidence" that's not really evidence, evidence debunked in front of our eyes yet it's still there!

Aliens at the door? UFOs in our skies, or maybe just Chinese drones, or weather balloons that are propelled by I dunno what. But there's enough confusion out there to make me wonder what the truth is, and what conclusion will be announced in June.

1/ Damp squib = nothing to see here, blank.
    2/ Suggestion of foreign drone technology.
    3/ Smoke & mirrors, wish washy foboff.
    4/ Admission that UAPs are unidentified.
    5/ No hard evidence of anything really.
    6/ Investigation ongoing, no revelations .....

Can't see anything else being announced, well nothing earth shattering, nothing to make headlines around the world. I am beginning to think that the whole UAP thing is wishful thinking on our part and that there's nothing there.

Then in the other hand . . . .

Pilot accounts over the decades, eyewitness testimony + video footage, radar evidence and the like seems oh so compelling, admitted we're painfully short on solid evidence, like a piece of an unknown craft or a ray gun found in the desert, but then we have Area 51 (or do we)? Is that real like really where an alien craft is held in an aircraft hanger? I'm not sure and I've yet to be convinced.

At this point I would really like to see real and hard evidence, before I start to dismiss this whole UAP Phenomenon from the logical side of my brain :)

I hope the June report will either make it or break it once and for all, either there's something unknown or nothing unknown in our skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭yaknowski

...either there's something unknown or nothing unknown in our skies.
    ..."Both are equally terrifying."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Cheerful S

flanna01 wrote: »
    Steven Greer....... Seriously????

I stopped reading after the paragraph suggesting that JFK was shot because he was about to disclose all the UFO's to his Russian counterpart..

Take this with a grain of salt. Douglas Caddy Watergate burglary attorney says this was the reason. He was a good friend of Howard Hunt and later defended the people involved in the burglary.

Hunt, well-known fixer for Nixon Administration. And planned the Watergate Burglary. Also a former high ranking CIA officer. Hunt also linked with the Kennedy assassination in Dallas..

Story.

Allegedly met Howard Hunt, years after Watergate, at a restaurant. ate their meal and chatted.. Caddy says the subject of Kennedy came up and asked Hunt in this private dinner meeting why was Kennedy murdered. He did not answer him and conversation changed. After the left the restaurant, both men were in the street saying their goodbyes and Caddy gave it one more try and asked Hunt why was Kennedy murdered. Hunt looked at him and said with a straight face ( the Alien presence on earth) turned, said goodbye and walked away.

It’s one man story. What if true?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

Can somebody here that believes all this 'Pentagon disclosure' noise, extend me just one reason why I or anybody else should believe anything that comes out the mouth of anybody in that five sided face shaped building, given everything the people inside that place have been involved with the last 80 years?

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭Elessar

Fascinating interview with Jeremy Corbell, the creator of the Bob Lazar documentary on Netflix. Personally given all the happenings and evidence around it, I'm leaning towards believing Lazar.

It was also interesting hearing his thoughts around the UFO phenomenon as a whole - that it's just a part of a much wider reality that we currently have little to no understanding of, that they are possibly interdimensional beings and that we are described as just "containers" for something. Consciousness maybe?

Reminded me of a quote from a book I read about the UFO crash in Varginha, Brazil in 1996 where apparently an injured alien like 'creature' was taken to a local hospital by the army. One of the doctors was interviewed and he said when he looked into its eyes he got a sudden download of information and the creature told him his race felt sorry for us humans as we didn't seem to realise we were spiritual beings only living in a temporary shell and were totally disconnected from our spiritual selves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Cheerful S

buried wrote: »
    Can somebody here that believes all this 'Pentagon disclosure' noise, extend me just one reason why I or anybody else should believe anything that comes out the mouth of anybody in that five sided face shaped building, given everything the people inside that place have been involved with the last 80 years?

Debunkers and disbelievers would have one believe this was too big be kept a secret for long and so they teased and taunted. This will be a case study to learn from- don’t always believe, official narrative right.

Event's exciting for one reason. The US government, ultimately, has finally acknowledged the phenomenon that the majority thought was baloney, is actually real and ongoing and has not stopped.

I am very open this is a managed leak and false narrative PSYOP. Lot of players in the group from 2017 UFO reveal in the New York Times are CIA.. The current narrative is this all unknown to them and there trying to sort out who the technology belongs to, least for me, is them placing themselves in a good cop situation. In lot of ways this a CIA disclosure we’re seeing. The Phenomenon real, but there controlling the reveal!

To someone else point about protection of skies . Unknown craft are playing a cat and mouse game with navy pilots, the incidents are recent in the last decade, not be surprised to learn, the United States Space Force Agency was a reaction to these events. You often hear the CIA insiders, say this could be a threat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

I don't know which is stranger. Aliens visiting earth or the fact that here we are on the crust of a round ball of a planet rotating on its axis around the sun every 365 days of the year in space and all other planets doing the same thing just like an electron rotating around an atom. It's all fecking weird :)

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

Umm. Interesting story all the same. I think certain military organisations might also be involved as well. https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/brit-gran-says-shes-been-24068073

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭yaknowski

...all other planets doing the same thing just like an electron rotating around an atom. It's all fecking weird :)
    ... Ever heard of the Arquillian Galaxy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

I don't know which is stranger. Aliens visiting earth or the fact that here we are on the crust of a round ball of a planet rotating on its axis around the sun every 365 days of the year in space and all other planets doing the same thing just like an electron rotating around an atom. It's all fecking weird :)

We’re a virus living on a cell in a monster’s brain. :eek:

We’re a virus living on a cell in a monster’s brain. :eek:

That's brilliant that is, reminds me of something Lister might have said in Red Dwarf :)

60 Minutes special on UFO/UAP's coming, all the talk on Twitter. Really going mainstream now. That Charlie Bird report on RTE is not far off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭new92

To answer the title, I do believe UFOs are out there (largely because of government studies and revelations).
    Whether they're aliens, or extra dimensional beings, or even us from the future, I can only say that I want to believe. I want to believe there's more out there.

The Ophanim as described in the old testament (I'm not a religious person) are like spacecraft. The bibles intentions and accuracy have been lost in translation and over time. I believe, though, every story has a kernel of truth. The ancients either met Starmen; Gods, or had great imaginations.

I must be crazy also.

Jacques Vallee's new book is coming out in June. Speculation is that it will have a detailed analysis of the metals he mentioned on Joe Rogan's show, supposedly from a crash in 1945.

Lou Elizondo also mentioned last week he believes we will soon hear evidence of pre-Roswell encounters with UAPs.

https://twitter.com/EngagingThe/status/1390485186748485634?s=20

• Advertisement

They look like engine or suspension components from a 1940s Oldsmobile, or Chevrolet, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭yew_tree

I think considering the amount of planets and stars out there it would be unbelievable if there was no other life. There absolutely is life out there. Now the question is have they visited here?

I don’t know. We are too far away and probably not interesting enough. It’s not a coincidence that many UFO sightings are near military bases where secret technology is tested.

• Advertisement

Hmm :cool:

So Mr Jeremy Cornbell is the star of the show, and we're all waiting for him to release the latest UFO news.
    Not sure about this, like it's becoming a soap opera with Mr Corbell, Jacques Vallee, Lou Elizondo etc being the UFO salesmen.

I won't be happy until the truth is released by the official US authorities next month, these guys are becoming too prominent.

Hmm :cool:

So Mr Jeremy Cornbell is the star of the show, and we're all waiting for him to release the latest UFO news.
    Not sure about this, like it's becoming a soap opera with Mr Corbell, Jacques Vallee, Lou Elizondo etc being the UFO salesmen.

I won't be happy until the truth is released by the official US authorities next month, these guys are becoming too prominent.

I know what you mean about those guys but they are at least pushing for more transparency.

I think the best we'll get next month, if it's not delayed, is:
    We don't know what these are (maybe along with another grainy radar video).

A bit of insight into the recent headlines, also NBC is releasing a tv show on UFOs soon. Some of the news from a few years ago coincided with a new "History" Channel series.
    https://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/the-vicious-circle-the-small-group-of-believers-behind-recent-ufo-news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

https://twitter.com/JeremyCorbell

It's up. Like how it drops into the water

A bit of insight into the recent headlines, also NBC is releasing a tv show on UFOs soon. Some of the news from a few years ago coincided with a new "History" Channel series.
    https://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/the-vicious-circle-the-small-group-of-believers-behind-recent-ufo-news

What insight did that blog give exactly? It didn't deal with the issue only resorts to calling those reporting the phenomenon "believers".

Interesting, any theories?

It was also caught on two types of radar apparently. I think there's enough evidence to conclusively say there's mystery aircraft in our airspace. What they are goes into speculation I'm not prepared to make without more evidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Is that the big announcement?

Interesting, any theories?

Hermetically sealed anyway if it can do that

Is that the big announcement?

For the moment anyway. Still waiting for the June report from the US government

• Advertisement

Hermetically sealed anyway if it can do that

Who would have thought grainy footage would be so common now with all these videos. It's basically become a circus for one side to get excited about while Mick West calls it a sliotar or something.

Who would have thought grainy footage would be so common now with all these videos. It's basically become a circus for one side to get excited about while Mick West calls it a sliotar or something.

Mick West is a complete idiot in this regard. I wasted 5 minutes of my life watching him tell US pilots who witness UFOs that they misunderstood their controls.

If the US military do indeed want to reveal the truth this is indeed a slow drip in these videos. My guess is there is an ocean of evidence in high quality photos and videos but they do not want to put all their cards on the deck.

It is very likely they will claim this to be a new phenomenon to avoid scrutiny over the decades long cover up.

If the US military do indeed want to reveal the truth this is indeed a slow drip in these videos. My guess is there is an ocean of evidence in high quality photos and videos but they do not want to put all their cards on the deck.

It is very likely they will claim this to be a new phenomenon to avoid scrutiny over the decades long cover up.

But there is no picture that would be evidence enough to prove anything. Radar is far more informative in terms of raw data regarding the object's speed ect.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    But there is no picture that would be evidence enough to prove anything. Radar is far more informative in terms of raw data regarding the object's speed ect.

True but for the average person, a clear photo will be more convincing. Most people are not even aware of the post 2017 revelations. I made a remark at work recently and not one of the 9 people knew what I was talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Is this the thread or is it elsewhere ...for potential sightings of so far unexplained scientifically aerial phenonmen?

speckle wrote: »
    Is this the thread or is it elsewhere ...for potential sightings of so far unexplained scientifically aerial phenonmen?

I'm calling for a vote for this topic to have its own forum. This has gone far past some redneck from Alabama making strange claims.

Examples of threads:
    - US military videos
    - Unexplained sightings
    - Sightings in Ireland
    - Interdimensional theory
    - Historical cases

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,847 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Just on that Corbell chap I wouldn’t trust him as far as I’d throw him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

I'm calling for a vote for this topic to have its own forum. This has gone far past some redneck from Alabama making strange claims.

Examples of threads:
    - US military videos
    - Unexplained sightings
    - Sightings in Ireland
    - Interdimensional theory
    - Historical cases

that might help as I thought it was only a thread for yes/maybe/no re belief per title and not a place to report sightings... but it seems to be everything thrown together...which fine but I found very difficult to search for what I am specificaly looking for...

a general chat thread could be added and no reply/info only thread like the weather forum.. and by the looks of things this topic possibly might become buzy next month? Even add a investigational and skeptic thread for balance?

Would someone please post a link to air traffic control or where ever someone can report officially any sightings? Thanks

Anyhow back to my reading only got to page 30 :D

Advertisement