Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biotec p6 ips

Options
  • 11-05-2021 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there,
    I have a Biotec P6 IPS installed. Can anyone tell me how the effluent gets into the FST(final settlement tank)? It doesn’t show any baffles on the tank drawings from Kingspan. Does it just trickle over the edge of the black tank(as it does in mine) or has it something to do with the ball underneath? Also, at what level should the water be in the pump chamber?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭youtheman

I have a Kingspan system which I believe is similar to yours. Very simple system with only 2 moving parts, an air blower and a submersible pump.

The effluent comes in one side and is blown over and plastic mesh where it eventually makes it way to the other side of the tank. A submersible pump with a float switch pumps it out into the pipework buried in your percolation area in the garden. The level should only be a foot or two in the downstream side, depends on the length of the cable attached to the float on the pump. Get something like a garden rake and 'hook' the float switch and lift it up. You will see the pump run and suck the chamber dry.

So to make sure the system is working you need to do 3 simple things:

1. listen and confirm that the air blower is working (a humming sound).
    2. listen for a splashing sound that confirms there is no blockage in the pipe that comes up through the plastic mesh. If you hear a hum and no splash then the pipe is blocked. Baby wipes are notorious for blocking this pipe. You can pull it up and free it out easily.
    3. Lift the float on the submersible pump and check that the pump runs and drains the sump.

Advertisement