Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sewage in garden from public system.

Options
  • 13-05-2021 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hello there. Yesterday ,our back garden became flooded with raw sewage. This sewage came from the main public wastewater pipe ,which became blocked and caused wastewater to stop flowing away.This water accumulated over time and eventually backed up into our system, causing the flooding. Would I be entitled to bill somebody for removing around 20 kilos of faecal matter from my garden?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

If you have an invoice for the work I would be chasing the relavant authority. If you done the work yourself I'm not so sure you'd have any luck. I'd be on to the Council or Local Authority to ensure it doesn't happen again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭elperello

teddyhead wrote: »
    Hello there. Yesterday ,our back garden became flooded with raw sewage. This sewage came from the main public wastewater pipe ,which became blocked and caused wastewater to stop flowing away.This water accumulated over time and eventually backed up into our system, causing the flooding. Would I be entitled to bill somebody for removing around 20 kilos of faecal matter from my garden?

Have you lodged a complaint with Irish Water?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭teddyhead

TheBlock wrote: »
    If you have an invoice for the work I would be chasing the relavant authority. If you done the work yourself I'm not so sure you'd have any luck. I'd be on to the Council or Local Authority to ensure it doesn't happen again!!

Thanks for the reply.I am in the middle of doing it myself, although I am photographing the whole process.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭teddyhead

elperello wrote: »
    Have you lodged a complaint with Irish Water?

Just reported it. Have not made a specific complaint yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iffandonlyif

Oh God. My sympathies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭elperello

teddyhead wrote: »
    Just reported it. Have not made a specific complaint yet.

Get back to them and insist that they send out a crew to clean up the mess their pipe made on your property.

You will need to get the area disinfected also.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

elperello wrote: »
    Get back to them and insist that they send out a crew to clean up the mess their pipe made on your property.

You will need to get the area disinfected also.

take photos and videos before this though...just in case

Advertisement