Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mill, Weaver's Square, Dublin 8, Cork Street

Options
  • 12-05-2021 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi guys, I'm looking to buy an apartment in The Mill, Weaver's Square, Dublin 8 just off Cork Street. The apartment looks great and I'm considering making an offer. The only thing that is putting me off is that the new social housing development is going to be built later this year . From what I heard living next to a social housing estate could be quite rough and it also might impact the price of the property in the future.
    I would like to hear your opinion on this and would appreciate it if someone could share their experiences.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I don't live on Cork Street but I live quite close nearby, near Meath Street. I wouldn't think Cork Street to be the most glamorous of areas by any stretch but the location in terms of the commute to City Centre is hard to beat, 10 mins on the bike or a half hour walk... and while there are a lot of characters and teenagers milling around I've never personally had any trouble.

I know what you're saying about a new social housing development affecting the value but to be honest there are already loads of social housing developments in the area so I don't think one more is going to have any major impact on the property value. Cork Street seems to have a lot of development going on the last few years so if anything you'd hope it would improve.

It depends on what your tolerance for anti-social behaviour is to be honest. I'd have a walk around and see if it suits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭EDavey20

Did you purchase the place? I'm looking nearby at the moment. Thanks

Advertisement