Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,884 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jimmy Uso back then and part of Romans table now

Like the classic feel, wow Teddy Long and surprisingly not getting a tag match yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Did they bring back the fist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Did they bring back the fist?

They CGI'd it......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭ThePott

The throwback was a little muddled. Threw back to when Smackdown wasn't even a thing, was okay though. CGI Fist though (booo).

Pretty solid show if not as strong as previous weeks. I do like the family drama though with the Usos. Heop it's not going to just lead into a rehash but enjoying it for now. Wonder if we're getting Rollins/Reigns at Summerslam.
    Glad Cesaro is getting his shot, those neutralisers at the end though looked pretty rough.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I basically just watch Roman's bits now but the man is a star, and whoever is in charge of his stories are elevating not just him but everyone around him.

I know it's harping on about the issue though, but god, the camera cuts. When Cesaro hits the ring, he picks up Jay for the neutralizer, and the camera cuts 6 or 7 times during the move. He lands it, and it cuts to Cesaros face, cuts to a wide shot, back to Cesaros face, onto Roman, back to Cesaro, all in the space of 3 seconds. It literally gives me a headache....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,283 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So the Throwback parts were Cole and McAfee dressing up, Teddy Long, Women's Champions, the refs and a load of clips?

Sami touching the IC title and Apollo reacting was a nice touch.

So they have a women's tag title match just before Backl... Wrestlemania Backlash?
    Not sure who should the tag titles. The only team that I think should take them are busy losing in singles matches to Carmella

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I basically just watch Roman's bits now but the man is a star, and whoever is in charge of his stories are elevating not just him but everyone around him.

Yeah, Reigns is now everything they wanted him to be all those years ago. And his personality suits being a heel so much more. My weekly shows going forward are gonna be Smackdown and AEW I think. Can't stick Raw and NXT is far too stale presently as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,108 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

The throwback part was so lazy and ridiculous.

Should have just picked an era from Smackdown's past and modelled everything after that.

The commentators in the ultra-retro gear was just awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,490 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Heyman seems to be enjoying himself also with Reigns but I do wonder what would happen if Brock returned

Jimmy Uso against Rollins at WM Backlash, as he is not fully bowing to the head of the table just yet or back chasing the tag titles?

Kinda surprised Baszler got involved for Reg first

https://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/2021-05-14

What a great night we have in store. Tamina & Natalya vs Jax & Baszler for the women's tag team titles

• Advertisement

Tamina finally wins a title

I thought Shinsuke Nakamura would win this one, though King Shinsuke Nakamura :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Jimmy doesn't really come across as a convincing face/tweener, Jey seems to have the much more natural ability for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Aaaaand new champions.. Jaysus tamina and natalya.. God forbid they could build an actual women's tag division with actual decent tag teams

Going from Nia twice a week to Natalya and Tamina twice a week. Yay!
    And how long have they been building the Mandy/Dana feud with Nia/Shayna and not even a title match?
    Thought there was meant to be a match at Backlash.

Teasing the next King of the Ring tournament?

So Backlash is the 4 main titles and the SD Tag titles. Then Priest vs Miz.

Was a pretty average Smackdown.
    Roman's promo as a heel is great, him tearing into Jimmy Uso in the opening was excellent.
    I'm okay with Tamina/Natalya if only because it ends the dreadful run of Shayna and Nia. Nice to see Tamina getting a moment after so long even if she isn't great or anything. Feel the same with Rey/Dominik, I don't feel strongly if they were to become champions but I'm okay with it if it ends Dolph/Bobby's run.
    The crown suits Shinsuke, guessing that we're getting a King of the Ring soon. I hope so anyway if it gets rid of the King Corbin gimmick.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Tamina finally wins a title

I guess it's about time, she paid her dues, I am surprised she never had a singles reign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,338 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So I see that we got new women’s tag team champions. Happy that tamina has won a title which I think is her first ever. Natalya has go away heat with me.she is bland and boring. What’s the reason to care about her outside of being a member of the hart family ?

Reigns on the mic is gold, he doesn't even need Heyman, so charismatic as a tribal head heel

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Reigns on the mic is gold, he doesn't even need Heyman, so charismatic as a tribal head heel

Someone asked this of Jim Cornette and he said that even though Roman didn't need Heyman for promos, Heyman all the same still adds a lot to the presentation with his presence. I'd agree on that.

Someone asked this of Jim Cornette and he said that even though Roman didn't need Heyman for promos, Heyman all the same still adds a lot to the presentation with his presence. I'd agree on that.

Be interesting to see what would happen if Lesnar returned to SD who would Heyman "advocate" for

Well he's already got 1 former client fighting a current client

The Cesaro Uppercuts are more entertaining than the Flair chops.

Didn't the vaguely reference Heyman being 'tossed aside' or something to that effect around the time he first teamed up with Reigns?

Not that I expect WWE to continue that narrative.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Well he's already got 1 former client fighting a current client

I forgot Heyman had Cesaro :o

What's the current deal with Lesnar, done with WWE?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,879 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So I'm guessing it's the Game Changer Brock who is worried about the infighting EVP's in AEW then :)

I forgot Heyman had Cesaro :o

What's the current deal with Lesnar, done with WWE?

So did Heyman when he was working with him, since all he did was go on about Brock.

Not that it was expected to be otherwise, but Fox released their fall schedule and Smackdown is on it for Friday nights.

It seems Kevin Owens is getting an IC title shot this week

• Advertisement

Jesus not one post about SD this week

Just finished watching and don't see why there isn't more since it's better than Raw.

Who will go for the IC title now since it looks like Black/Big E will be happening and Zayn/Owens do their thing?
    Then Cesaro is distracted by Rollins.
    Main roster debut for Eric Bugenhagen, now Rick Boogs and seemed to actually be playing live.

Not sure what SD match(es) will be in the Cell.

All that Black build up for a random feud with Big E. Not great.

Yeah I just didn't comment. Thought it was a very solid and entertaining show.

Really liked Bayley tearing into the champions but showing respect for Apollo. Not sure what they'll do with the women's tag titles all the same.
    I really like the Rick Boogs and Shinsuke pairing. It's fun and think it would get really over with a crowd.
    This version of Rollins is hilarious, him saying he blacked out and all.
    Aleister Black is finally back a feud with Big E is a really strange one but interested to see where it goes.

Reckon in the cell we'll get Seth vs Cesaro for sure. Other possibles could be Roman and Jimmy even if it would be similiar to last year's.

I see SD has there version of Elias now

This guy Boogs seems like an absolute legend.

He's been around a while, including one of the "fans" they used to have before Thunderdome. Most recently appearing in one of those series of ads that ended at Mania, I think.

Brilliant. He showed more charisma than the entire Raw roster and a good chunk of the Smackdown roster last night in about 2mins.

I'm liking King Shinsuke Nakamura

While Cesaro is battling Rollins, who for Reigns?

I'm liking King Shinsuke Nakamura

While Cesaro is battling Rollins, who for Reigns?

You know a month where a dominating champ has no rival is quite interesting if that's what they are going for. It enhances him and makes you value the roster in a way again.

• Advertisement

You know a month where a dominating champ has no rival is quite interesting if that's what they are going for. It enhances him and makes you value the roster in a way again.

Lesnar was able to take ppvs off so why not Reigns

Roman the tribal table head godfather :p

Peaked a bit early this week. Opener was pretty great. Bianca/Carmella was decent, I did pop for Bayley interrupting to join commentary too.
    They have to be bringing KOTR back at this stage. The Rey/Dominik stuff to me feels forced, definitely not main event material.

"Which one are you?" Damn.

They took their time explaining why we couldn't see Tamina on the apron.

Dominik Mysterio able to last in a handicap match against the former tag champs made up of 2 former top brand title holders. Ziggler as World Heavyweight champion and Roode as NXT champion

CastorTroy wrote: »
    They took their time explaining why we couldn't see Tamina on the apron.

Dominik Mysterio able to last in a handicap match against the former tag champs made up of 2 former top brand title holders. Ziggler as World Heavyweight champion and Roode as NXT champion

Roode was also a TNA world champion

Yep and tag champ but was keeping to the top titles in WWE since they only recognise other companies when it suits them. Between them they've been US and IC champions multiple times as well I think.

So how will Big E address Alister Black costing him his chance of winning the IC title ??. Maybe it was a mysterious ghost

• Advertisement

tenor.gif?itemid=15123878

Advertisement