Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania Backlash 2021 *Spoilers*

Options
  • 19-04-2021 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,375 ✭✭✭✭

WrestleMania Backlash is scheduled to take place on May 16, 2021 and will be broadcast from the WWE ThunderDome, hosted at the Yuengling Center in Tampa, Florida

WWE Championship Raw, Bobby Lashley (C) vs. Drew McIntyre

I expect some other WM rematches in some form to feature

Will we be getting Edge vs. Bryan with the winner later facing SD world champion Reigns if Cesaro will have to still deal with Rollins?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,625 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

What a stupid name for a PPV. Great balls of fire can’t rest easy as it’s no longer the worst name for a PPV ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

3 Raws before that. Plenty of time for the indefinite suspension to end

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Mad isn't it?
    Like it goes to show you that WWE keep looking to the past. The idea of a Wrestlemania "backlash" was originally called the revenge tour back in the 90s. But that made sense at it was a series of house shows overseas. For example: Bret vs Owen for the title in Rome, Italy 1994 ( https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=38301 ) Take the big show matches on the road to make some more money.

Then in the 2000s WWE took that concept and made it a ppv event in April right?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,375 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bayley challenging Bianca for her SD title

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    3 Raws before that. Plenty of time for the indefinite suspension to end

Sonya has added Charlotte to the Raw title match after fastest suspension for her

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sonya has added Charlotte to the Raw title match after fastest suspension for her

Sigh.

Well that’s another title for Charlotte then. She’ll probably make Asuka look like an idiot and asuka will take the pin.

Not a big Rhea fan but she needs to retain, I would imagine Asuka pinned with Charlotte and Rhea to continue their feud yet both are heels

Not a big Rhea fan but she needs to retain, I would imagine Asuka pinned with Charlotte and Rhea to continue their feud yet both are heels

Not sure how you can’t be a big fan of Rhea. She has massive potential and she’s a star and unlike Charlotte flair she’s likeable in general. I don’t think they’ll have Rhea lose as I can’t see them making the mistakes they made in NXT. What the main roster has done to asuka is a disgrace.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Not sure how you can’t be a big fan of Rhea. She has massive potential and she’s a star and unlike Charlotte flair she’s likeable in general. I don’t think they’ll have Rhea lose as I can’t see them making the mistakes they made in NXT. What the main roster has done to asuka is a disgrace.

I do feel sorry for Asuka

• Advertisement

Bray back dressed as Lily for champ :p

WrestleMania Backlash 2021 Card

Universal Championship: Roman Reigns (c) vs. Cesaro

WWE Championship: Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Braun Strowman

SmackDown Women's Championship: Bianca Belair (c) vs. Bayley

Raw Women's Championship: Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Asuka vs. Charlotte Flair

SmackDown Tag Team Championships: The Dirty Dawgs (Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode) (c) vs. Rey and Dominik Mysterio

Lumberjack Match: Damian Priest vs. The Miz

• Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭cena

Are fans going to be at this ppv

• Registered Users Posts: 37,911 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Don't think so, virtual crowd again

Might as well give this a watch, not expecting much or any big shocks. Would love Cesaro to win the title but hard to see then taking the belt off Roman

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Would love Cesaro to win the title but hard to see then taking the belt off Roman

He might win by DQ by Usos or Rollins involvement, keep the hunt going give him the title at Summerslam

How long has Reigns been champ now?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

We've still got 2 PPVs before Summerslam after tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Grim card.

Reigns/Cesaro should be a good match but the result is without any doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

I’m gonna be that guy..

What time is kick off tonight?

daithi1989 wrote: »
    I’m gonna be that guy..

What time is kick off tonight?

11pm- pre show
    12-3- Main show

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

They should have named the PPV Backlash: Who cares.

The fact Cesaro is heading a b ppv says it all about his chances for success.

And once he losses due to Jimmy/Jey interference he will end up back in midcard heel just like KO did.

Vinny Mac is having they time of his life using Roman to squash all the internet darlings.

WWE don’t give a f**k anymore and nor should they. Fox and NBC have paid them an obscene amount of money for rights. I genuinely hope NBC and Fox are raging at the deal it’s genuinely like buy products well gone past their sell by date on the hope to attract new customers.

• Advertisement

The WWE have a guy in Cesaro who is over and could get more over to be their top face now DB is gone, Cesaro is a bit bland on the mic but that can improve and he can talk less just keep swinging :p he is off a big WM win and feud and imho it's about time he deserves a singles push and world title reign which could happen at Summerslam

The Queen reclaiming her title to start us off

Bizarre opening video with big Dave doing the narration. That new raw play by play guy isn’t Michael Cole so already it’s a plus. I really hope Charlotte doesn’t win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Charlotte looks in amazing condition at the minute. Not that she was ever a slouch but she looks even more toned and athletic than normal!

Best result, its still too early for Rhea to lose the title

Rhea retains which is good. Yeah that time off for Charlotte has done her the world of good. She just looks generally in far better shape.

That's a smashing suit Bobby is wearing

PTH2009 wrote: »
    That's a smashing suit Bobby is wearing

He looks like a worlds champion.

Jesus Michael Cole and pat mcaffee. That’s some duo.

Where was Charlotte for the pin? Botched move?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Where was Charlotte for the pin? Botched move?

Bad camera work I would guess. She gave asuka a big boot through the ropes. Asuka felt back into the ring to rhea so can only guess Charlotte fell off the ring that the camera didn't show.

As for this tag match, I hate the mysterios and hope they both would just go away.

Advertisement