Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread ban with no warning in CA/IMHO

Options
  • 22-04-2021 3:32pm

Had made multiple posts with no issue then was hit with this https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=116963999

PMed the mod in question and got the usual nonsense so here I am. I'm happy to take a ban if it's consistent across threads and posters but it clearly isn't. There was ****posting on the thread dealt with with an on-thread warning and it seems a bit inconsistent that I'm hit with a threadban for what apparently constitutes trolling.

Comments

And now I've been given a one week forum ban for following the mod's directions. Jokeshop stuff.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Moving this to the Helpdesk, as Threadbans are not discussed in DRP.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I can't speak to your original threadban (yet - I haven't looked into it), so I would suggest discussing it with the mod who applied the threadban.

However your one week forum ban was for abuse of the Reported Posts functionality - your response to your own threadban was to generate a bunch of spurious reports to prove some kind of point, rather than report in good faith. That was a decision made as admin, and as I said in my PM, I'm not going to let you waste mod time like that.

Tokyo wrote: »
    I can't speak to your original threadban (yet - I haven't looked into it), so I would suggest discussing it with the mod who applied the threadban.

However your one week forum ban was for abuse of the Reported Posts functionality - your response to your own threadban was to generate a bunch of spurious reports to prove some kind of point, rather than report in good faith. That was a decision made as admin, and as I said in my PM, I'm not going to let you waste mod time like that.

I was told that my post broke the rules and that if I felt other posts broke the rules then I should report them.
    My post was apparently trolling by parroting another poster.
    Every single post I reported after that was either for mocking, disingenuous arguments impersonating other posters or wilful pretence of not knowing how the English language works.

You call it abuse but every post I reported fell under what my post apparently fell under. There was no abuse, I would just like to see the rules applied equally to everyone. I didn't pick a single poster nor a single argument nor "side". I didn't report all posts, just the ones which which were against the rules.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement