Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aquafresh Mouthwash - £1.42

Options
  • 13-03-2020 9:25am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

814W9%2BsrNQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Buy on @ Amazon.co.uk - £1.42 with S&S
    All-in-one protection for teeth, gums and breath
    Six key benefits in one family mouthwash
    Alcohol-free
    24 hours sugar acid protection formula
    Clinically tested
    250 ppm fluoride
    Follow a healthy diet and brush twice daily as protection decreases between brushing

Price comparison:
    @Tesco its half price down to €2.47 so £1.42 is a good price with free S&S delivery.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Good deal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

back again at the same price

• Registered Users Posts: 23,617 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Is that actual size?

the stuff in Aldi or Lidl for 80c does the same job.

I see that it's only £0.39 in the UK - typical shafting lol

5207171_65.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,133 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Here's a question for you.

Do you use mouthwash 1st, then brush, or the other way round?

I have seen "gets to the parts brushing misses" on packaging, but kids dentist told them they should use wash first, because you are meant to leave some of the residual toothpaste on your teeth as it continues protecting, whereas you'd wash it away if you rinsed second.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

zell12 wrote: »
    Is that actual size?

31vOk7A81yL._AC_.jpg

zell12 wrote: »
    Is that actual size?

It's 500ml

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

I go the residual toothpaste approach, so mouthwash first, then brush.
    NIMAN wrote: »
    Here's a question for you.

Do you use mouthwash 1st, then brush, or the other way round?

I have seen "gets to the parts brushing misses" on packaging, but kids dentist told them they should use wash first, because you are meant to leave some of the residual toothpaste on your teeth as it continues protecting, whereas you'd wash it away if you rinsed second.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

jpb1974 wrote: »
    I go the residual toothpaste approach, so mouthwash first, then brush.

I never knew this, always brush and then wash...

I guess my only logical solution is to brush, wash and then brush again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

glasso wrote: »
    the stuff in Aldi or Lidl for 80c does the same job.

I see that it's only £0.39 in the UK - typical shafting lol

5207171_65.jpg

A Merc and a Micra do the same job, but if someones uses Aquafresh its a bargain for them. If someone uses another brand its not. Simples

• Advertisement

tbh you should floss first, rinse (water or mouthwash) then brush and don't wash out after

most people hate flossing but if you get the right holder it's quick and easy

the best ones are flossaid but are quite expensive for a piece of plastic (cheap in us)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/FLOSSAID-DENTAL-HOLDERS-CHOICE-Flossing/dp/B010M0A6YW/ref=sr_1_11?dchild=1&keywords=flossaid&qid=1588697896&sr=8-11

these are very comfortable but break (piece in middle to twist floss around comes off eventually)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pieces-Dental-Holder-Cleaner-Cleaners/dp/B081YRZRS9/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=dental+floss+holder+6&qid=1588697769&sr=8-5

use oral b tape (not traditional looking floss) and one of these and you can floss in 30 seconds

benefits of flossing are many beyond just your teeth including less chance of dementia, heart disease, strokes :eek:

here's Michael Mosley, the doctor from the bbc shows

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7489183/Flossing-protects-dementia-heart-attacks-says-DR-MICHAEL-MOSLEY.html

• Registered Users Posts: 33,133 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

glasso wrote: »
    tbh you should floss first, rinse (water or mouthwash) then brush and don't wash out after

Thats my dental regime, pity I didn't do it in my teens, 20s, 30s ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Wash your mouths out, the lot of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Alcohol free :( all the cheap stuff is.

Advertisement