Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotify Family Account - Save up to €539 p/y

Options
  • 30-04-2020 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

Simple but effective BA for anyone who's currently cooped up with family or friends. Our house currently has 6 people living in it who were previously paying €9.99p/m to Spotify for individual premium accounts. I changed mine to a family account yesterday which allows for up to 6 individual premium accounts to join for €14.99p/m.

I pay for it, they transfer me the cash up front for 12 months and their existing €9.99p/m spend is automatically cancelled with absolutely no interruption to service, playlists, downloads etc.

Took about 3 mins to set up and it's an annual saving of €89.90 per year per person or €539.40 for the household. Added benefit (:o) of a family mix playlist that will be auto generated based on our combined listening habits.

511422.PNG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭ablelocks

m'learned QC really should have done his research before presenting his case

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭daheff

for those that dont want to pay, its free with some ads from time to time

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

For those that want to do either, you could just "browse" golden discs for an hour listening to whatever CD they had playing. Ah the memories!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

For those that don't want to browse Golden Discs, learn to read sheet music and listen in your head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Mr.S wrote: »
    For those that don’t want to for a full family account, there’s also a Duo account for €12.99 for 2 premium accounts.

I’m on this but keep getting ads. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Can you have different profiles then like Netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Cheapest way is to make your own. I just get two pots and a wooden spoon which I already own. Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

OU812 wrote: »
    On it, no ads. Go to profile,account and in there it should say premium. Are you sure your logged in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

What's this 'music' thing that people are raving about? Is it like lilting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

ablelocks wrote: »
    m'learned QC really should have done his research before presenting his case

I think they have time travelled back to 1981

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Family account gives 6 independent accounts, but they're all managed under the one umbrella for billing.

degsie wrote: »
    What's this 'music' thing that people are raving about? Is it like lilting?

Do you even listen bro?

OU812 wrote: »

Make sure you have activated your account to premium. If you had a "free" account and then someone asked you to join, you need to make sure you activate via the email you are sent, otherwise you won't move off the free one

• Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Completely different accounts. Much better than NETFLIX you could be listening to Westlife and no one will know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

ted1 wrote: »
    Completely different accounts. Much better than NETFLIX you could be listening to Westlife and no one will know.

Ooohhh... there might be suspicions when they issue the Family Playlist and it suddenly appears as you are driving along!,, questions will then have to be asked as to the caliber of your fellow group musical tastes!!! I suppose it could be fun trying to track down the culprit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Indian YouTube Premium/Music/Google music family account for 6 separate profiles for €2.40 a month (about 40c per person) ftw.

Edit, just checked my revolut, it's actually even less now, in and around 2.27 the past two months.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,333 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

McMurphy wrote: »
    Indian YouTube Premium/Music/Google music family account for 6 separate profiles for €2.60 a month (about 40c per person) ftw.

Can you use that without a VPN though, or only needed on sign up ?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    Can you use that without a VPN though, or only needed on sign up ?

From memory here's what I did.

First thing is create a Google family (Google play account settings, add or remove family members) as it can be a bit of a pain afterwards.

Get some minimal info for an Indian address, state/postcode etc.

Set VPN to India, fill in details, use revolut (not sure if it has to be revolut or any other card will do, I used revolut though)

Send invites from YouTube music to the other members in your family.

Done.

Let's face it, at 2.30€ a month between 6 it's so cheap it's practically free.

**I have it well over a year, so some of the above details might not be entirely accurate, but it's certainly the gist of what you need to do, all in all it should take less than 5 mins from start to finish.**

• Registered Users Posts: 15,333 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Thanks McMurphy, just did it, all working great, worth it for the music alone.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

Supercell wrote: »
    Thanks McMurphy, just did it, all working great, worth it for the music alone.

We have Google homes scattered throughout the home - the kids have them in their bedrooms, there's one in the kitchen/dining area, there's one in the garage/workshop and my parent in laws have one too in their home , so we can all stream our own music with no arguments. My wife and I also stream music while driving.

Ad free premium YouTube is good too.

Works flawlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

CLOSING THIS UP AS THE BA IS ALREADY OVER IN THE REQUESTS FORUM

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement