Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rose bush

Options
  • 02-08-2020 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi. New to gardening section and new to gardening. I have a rose Bush in full flower at the moment. Want to relocate it in the garden as its hidden behind a apple tree. Have some questions please.
    Is it possible to relocate it or will it not survive the move?
    What time of year should I move it?
    How much area around the base do I dig up?
    TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,052 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Roses are very forgiving and easy to move. Don't move it now though. Leave it until it has gone dormant for winter (around November - February). Dig it up, if soil comes with it that's fine, but it will move with just a bare root. Try and get all the root. Replant, prune it back a bit and it should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭firiesclose

looksee wrote: »
    Roses are very forgiving and easy to move. Don't move it now though. Leave it until it has gone dormant for winter (around November - February). Dig it up, if soil comes with it that's fine, but it will move with just a bare root. Try and get all the root. Replant, prune it back a bit and it should be fine.

Thank you so much much for reply. I will move it later in the year. Thanks again

Advertisement