Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New TV @ deals

Options
  • 29-07-2020 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this isn't the right forum to post this but I was wondering if anyone knows if retailers apart from the usual January saled have a sale on new Smart HDTVs. My parents are looking to get a new 49 or 55 inch Sony Smart TV and I was wondering do retailers get 2021 stock in and reduce 2020 stock for example in October or earlier in September?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,382 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

This weekend is a bank holiday, usually DID, Power City and Curry's will have deals on.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Richersounds have a dedicated thread here on boards and often offer discounts. If you ask there a rep will come back with their best offer

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Doesn't the TV model year start in about April or May - after the big consumer technology show (CES) in Las Vegas?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

billyhead wrote: »
    ..... I was wondering do retailers get 2021 stock in and reduce 2020 stock for example in October or earlier in September?

Why not go one better and shop in Currys? Their stock is normally 2 years out of date. Not sure about other brands but their Samsung TVs have special (to Currys) model numbers so you can't find them on the Samsung website to see how old they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭billyhead

coylemj wrote: »
    Why not go one better and shop in Currys? Their stock is normally 2 years out of date. Not sure about other brands but their Samsung TVs have special (to Currys) model numbers so you can't find them on the Samsung website to see how old they are.

It's a 2020 TV they want and also the Sony brand. They were looking for a 49 inch one but they only have smaller TVs available or 55 inch upwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

Try laptopsdirect.ie

Personally I prefer Samsung; shopped around and found the exact model I wanted in Harvey Norman
    Then searched online with the model number and bought it 70 cheaper from laptops direct
    They also stock sony delivery takes 3 days via DPD

Advertisement