Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese machine good or bad

Options
  • 02-08-2020 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Has anyone any experience of buying Chinese machinery eg. rotavator , diesel engine etc. I'm looking at one at the moment, seems like good value,is it too good to be true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I bought a petrol Briggs & Stratton clone from China for a old ride on and it was shockingly bad. The castings were terrible, it needed a complete set of gaskets before it would even run properly. The carb was junk and needed a new OEM carb so it would run anywhere near smoothly.

Its now done about 200 hours and while it works it does vibrate and runs very lumpy but gets the job done I suppose. If it gets near 1000 hrs I would be surprised.

China is getting better but its a lottery for the quality.

Advertisement