Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fused spur question

Options
  • 27-07-2020 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I have a fused spur on a switch controlling power to the pump in my hotpress (the pump is for the internal pressurised hot and cold water).

The pump stopped working a short time ago. The indicator on the FCU is still shining red, so my concern is that the fuse in the switch is still sound and the problem is with the pump.

Am I right, or can the indicator light remain on even if the fuse is blown?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,347 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The easiest way to find out is to try a new fuse, you can buy a pack of mixed (3/5/13A) fuses in any pound shop.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

If the LED is lit the fuse should be healthy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

It is possible the wiring is back to front inside the switch if this is the case the LED illuminates even if the fuse blows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Cerco

The quickest way to answer your question is to remove the fuse.

Advertisement