Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unwanted, unaddressed mail.

Options
  • 13-05-2019 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Hi folks.
    Is there any legal line on the repeated posting of unaddressed material after a direct and indirect request not to?

There is a free newspaper that irritates me immensely, religious based, and it keeps coming in my letter box. It is dropped to the entire area. I have rang them and voicemailed stop. I have facebooked them and said stop. They did it again today.

I voicemailed them again tellling them if they didnt stop, I would come down to their office and discuss it with them.

Is there any legal basis they are in the wrong?

Thanks everyone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Put up a no junk mail sign. The people delivering the newspaper likely have no communication with the actual group.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

You have a letterbox and they're entitled to use it to communicate with you. Legally, they're doing nothing wrong. Perhaps leave a note on the letterbox so that the delivery person won't post it through your letterbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

Maybe watch out for them and give it back to them, or straight to the bin don't get yourself worked up about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Thank you, will take that on board

Advertisement