Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Graze are finally in Ireland

Options
  • 28-02-2019 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭

Seems like such a long time ago we were cheating the system by using the Belfast post code to get graze boxes. Now we can get them legitimately! Graze has started up in Ireland and there’s an offer on the website to get a trial box for €2. I got an email off them today with the code FREEBOX to get the trial box for free instead. I’m not sure if that code is linked to email addresses or not, so it’s worth trying.

https://ie.graze.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Do you have to have a subscription or can you just order separately when you feel like it? Looks like some interesting snacks but I hate getting tied into an ongoing order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

missmatty wrote: »
    Do you have to have a subscription or can you just order separately when you feel like it? Looks like some interesting snacks but I hate getting tied into an ongoing order.

You don’t have to subscribe to order from the shop. You can pick what you want and place a once off order. To get the free trial you can sign up to the subscription and then cancel again before it dispatches your first paid for box. (It’s not dispatched for a month to allow you to sample the trial first)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,935 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Just had a quick look, as had not heard of them, are they worth it in your opinion ? always handy to have healthy snacks around rather than bars of chocolate !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Thanks Whiplashy!

OmegaGene I agree, a friend recently had some Aldi bars and they were really good.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    The free trial is a good bargain but paying someone to prepare snacks for you ?? Aldi and Lidl do great offers which can be used for snacks rather than paying top whack for the privilege.
    The boom is back if this is what people are at these days

just over a euro a snack is not bad. I buy small packs of assorted nuts from tesco, own brand, and they are €1 each

• Advertisement

2smiggy wrote: »
    Just had a quick look, as had not heard of them, are they worth it in your opinion ? always handy to have healthy snacks around rather than bars of chocolate !!

I, and many others on here, were in love with them a few years back. The difference now is that we used to fill in a flavor profile to influence what we got. Now it just seems to be a random selection which may mean getting a couple of things you aren’t keen on, for example I detest cinnamon and they do a couple of snacks with it. Also it’s more expensive, as previously we were getting 4 snacks a month, which doesn’t seem to be an option now. I’ve signed up for the 20 snack a month box and I’ll see if it’s as good as I remember. I’d easily spend €25 on junk in a month, and at least these have some goodness in them. There’s also an option to delay your next box if you’re not in need of it yet which appeals to me.

I tried the 4 snack trial anyway, will see what that's like !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

it appears i have to sign up for a subscription to get the freebox ?

it appears i have to sign up for a subscription to get the freebox ?

I’ve explained a few posts up. You sign up, the free box is sent out, there’s a month before your first paid for box is sent out. So as soon as the free one ships, cancel subscription.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

FREEBOX code doesnt work, just tried it there, must be tied to your email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭laneykin

If you sign up what kind of notice do you have to give to cancel the subscription? Can't see anything online about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mctwizzler

Worked for me. Just had to Input the my email in the form first then tried the code.

laneykin wrote: »
    If you sign up what kind of notice do you have to give to cancel the subscription? Can't see anything online about it.

It says somewhere that you can cancel anytime, so I’m assuming, like a lot of subscriptions, as long as you cancel before the next order has started to be prepared you’re grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

1 x bag of mixed nuts from Lidl
    1 x bag of trail mix from Lidl
    1 x bag of dried fruit from Lidl

Mix all in a big bowl. Portion into small lunchboxes. The result is approx 20 "grab and go" snacks and it works out at around for around 30c each - you can always experiment with the mixtures too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

looks like something you feed to cattle in a long winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Man, I was very intrigued by Graze in 2015 when I saw some free box coupon codes inside an Amazon delivery I got; but after they confirmed to me on Twitter that they didn't ship here, I just gave up.

Shame now that as others have said, Aldi/Lidl are easier and cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

The free trial is 4 snacks, no matter what size you subscribe to, just in case some thought you'd get the first month of your subscription for free.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

FREEBOX worked for me when I signed up for an account.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

Not easy come --> easy go.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I just order them in bulk from Amazon.co.uk. Or am I missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Some of the food there is pretty unhealthy, glancing at it. Lots of margarine and refined sugar. Margarine is high in trans fats and should never be eaten - especially not by non-vegans given it is an inferior substitute for butter. Trans fats are harmful in any amount.

I think they should not be allowed to market themselves as health food providers, because a lot of what they are selling is sheer junk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Some of the food there is pretty unhealthy, glancing at it. Lots of margarine and refined sugar. Margarine is high in trans fats and should never be eaten - especially not by non-vegans given it is an inferior substitute for butter. Trans fats are harmful in any amount.

I think they should not be allowed to market themselves as health food providers, because a lot of what they are selling is sheer junk.

I think you are talking to the wrong audience here. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭gussieg

is it just lidl or are almonds & walnuts getting very pricey now? relatively, brazils are a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

gussieg wrote: »
    is it just lidl or are almonds & walnuts getting very pricey now? relatively, brazils are a bargain.

They used to be about 1.25 per 100g in LIDL which is very good value as they are great quality. You can get walnuts for around €1 per 100g in tesco in the baking section but almond are generally a bit more expensive - can sometimes get them cheaper in lidl/aldi in the baking section too but i find the quality is sometimes not as good as the bags for eating/snacking - they can be a bit dried out or over-ripe if that' the right word!

You can sometimes pick up cashews for aroun €1 or so per 100g I find they are often cheapest.

Dearest nuts are macadamia, and then pecans - unfortunate as they are both the nicest by a mile!

Dearest nuts are macadamia, and then pecans - unfortunate as they are both the nicest by a mile![/quote]

Learning to live without macadamia s as apparently lethal to doggies and if I'm having something she trys to eat it too.. that and grapes onions and avocados ...mind you we could both do with cutting down getting fairly roundy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

1 x bag of mixed nuts from Lidl
    1 x bag of trail mix from Lidl
    1 x bag of dried fruit from Lidl

Mix all in a big bowl. Portion into small lunchboxes. The result is approx 20 "grab and go" snacks and it works out at around for around 30c each - you can always experiment with the mixtures too

Yes sounds much better - the box thing just adds the need to post a lot of plastic and paper? Am I missing something essential?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

strandroad wrote: »
    Yes sounds much better - the box thing just adds the need to post a lot of plastic and paper? Am I missing something essential?

No you've just noticed the obvious - that clever marketing and swanky branding can make people overlook that they are paying for overpriced "healthy" bird feed in a cute box.

Fair play to them making a business out of it - margins must be huge.

Just walked to Lidl in the slush, they have the halva with dark chocolate and almonds reduced to 1.39 in the local ...ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Thx OP. ordered the free test ones.
    I like the website. Simple and easy to use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Matt Graze

Hi everyone,

Matt, from Graze here. We noticed lots of traffic coming from this site so thought we would check out what you are all saying.

Many of you have commented on whether you can like / dislike your favourite snacks. Currently we don't offer this in Ireland but we have selected our most loved snacks from the UK. I did the selection myself so I know how much effort went into it! If there are specific snacks you want you can purchase from our shop with no subscription required.

As for whether its healthy, some snacks are definitely better than others and we are working hard to improve in this area. All the snacks are portion controlled, some are high protein, some are low calorie, some are full of vitamins and minerals, all have no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.

We are only a couple of days into our Irish launch and we really want to hear what you think so keep posting. I'll try to keep an eye on this thread but can't promise I'll respond quickly - if you have anything pressing please contact our customer service team rather than posting here.

Matt

Advertisement