Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone - Discounted phone when you switch-Dunnes Valueclub mailing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭flintash

My experience is that Vodafone Ireland phones are costly to unlock. But they'll give you unlock code after you top up around 200 eur in a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭sapphade

https://sim-unlock.net/simlock/Nokia/3/ i have used this site a few times to unlock iPhones . i did have one occasion where they could not unlock a three ireland phone and i was refunded . they do samsung and sony phones for 20-30ish also i think

the nokia 3 is a new phone so I'm not sure if they can get the unlock code but if i pick one up ill try the site myself and report back . This is the link to the samsung J3https://sim-unlock.net/simlock/Samsung/Galaxy_J3/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

What's people's thoughts on the Nokia 3?

Is it pure android or loaded with Vodafones bloatware.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Been honest. I am very interested in switching to Vodafone and getting the Nokia 3. But again been honest, the Pay As You Go plans are awfully poor offerings.

The only decent one is the student offer! I ain't a student anyway to get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

normakelle wrote:
    I want to get this for my mother, Do I need to have her phone with me? thanks

I had the sim in my dual sim phone with me he asked for number but was he never took phone or verified so go to a quite shop to try your look but I suspect you will be required to have it with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

TallGlass wrote:
    Been honest. I am very interested in switching to Vodafone and getting the Nokia 3. But again been honest, the Pay As You Go plans are awfully poor offerings.

TallGlass wrote:

TallGlass wrote:

The plans are not great but if you are part time student with valid I'd it should work not really age restricted.

Phone was free of all bloatware well it only had 2 Vodafone apps both can be stopped and uninstalled.

Phone seems fine so far I found it more responsive then my moto g 2nd gen which is two and a half years old now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Farango

if someone have voucher can you please send me on PM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

got the Nokia 3 today. The rep ported the number and gave me the credit. Didn't ask what plan I wanted. So got home and chanced my meteor sim in it. Lo and behold the Nokia 3 is sim free happy days!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

jonny_b wrote: »
    got the Nokia 3 today. The rep ported the number and gave me the credit. Didn't ask what plan I wanted. So got home and chanced my meteor sim in it. Lo and behold the Nokia 3 is sim free happy days!

Did you try the Vodafone SIM in it to make sure it's not a case of it locking to the network of the first SIM you put in it?

Quackster wrote: »
    Did you try the Vodafone SIM in it to make sure it's not a case of it locking to the network of the first SIM you put in it?

Just checked. Both networks working fine

Just checked. Both networks working fine

Excellent news, thanks. Will pick up one myself in the next few days. Did they have any choice of colours?

Excellent news, thanks. Will pick up one myself in the next few days. Did they have any choice of colours?

Only had black in kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭rachaelf750

Anyone have voucher code they not using?? I would be very grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

TallGlass wrote: »

Ben using one a few weeks and there would be only apps from the operators installed which are removeable. Its a great phone for the money even to buy at cost price and its not a cheap build quality its solid, the camera is also great for its price range ive posted some images on my social and everyone agrees with the detail it picks up. Anyone else has any questions fire away..

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Ben using one a few weeks and there would be only apps from the operators installed which are removeable. Its a great phone for the money even to buy at cost price and its not a cheap build quality its solid, the camera is also great for its price range ive posted some images on my social and everyone agrees with the detail it picks up. Anyone else has any questions fire away..

Strange you are the second person who said there were operator apps installed. I picked one up today and there was no Vodafone apps on it at all. And it is unlocked too. Was it one that slipped their net before locking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Strange you are the second person who said there were operator apps installed. I picked one up today and there was no Vodafone apps on it at all. And it is unlocked too. Was it one that slipped their net before locking it.

First batches are normally unlocked to get them out in peoples hands,then after a while they will be,this goes for most operators. Happened with many phones for me over the years..Mine was direct from HMD Global though and free of all junk but its pot luck now with phones locked etc,would depend on store too and how fast they go through stock.

I picked up Nokia 3 in tullamore earlier, no sign of any pre installed vodafone apps and it was also unlocked . I am happy out . Thanks all fro the info posted in this thread and many thanks to Wowbagger for being kind enough to send me a voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

sapphade wrote: »
    I picked up Nokia 3 in tullamore earlier, no sign of any pre installed vodafone apps and it was also unlocked . I am happy out . Thanks all fro the info posted in this thread and many thanks to Wowbagger for being kind enough to send me a voucher

Any hassle switching, do they get you to make a call to their phone from yours or check how long you have had the SIM your switching from? The SIM I had planned to switch from is expired from lack of use so going to pick a new SIM up later but not sure if I need to stick credit on it or not first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

If anyone has a spare voucher code I'd be very grateful! :D

Any hassle switching, do they get you to make a call to their phone from yours or check how long you have had the SIM your switching from? The SIM I had planned to switch from is expired from lack of use so going to pick a new SIM up later but not sure if I need to stick credit on it or not first.
    no real hassles in the store . They asked me what network and could they see my phone . they used their landline to ring the phone . There were no questions on how long id been with meteor or not . That was pretty much it, ported the number gave me the 20 credit voucher and phone and off i went .

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

If anyone has a spare voucher code I'd be very grateful! :D

I just sent you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Alpha8

If anyone has one please PM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Hi all. Has anyone who have got Samsung phone could please tell me if it's network-unlocked? Also has anyone tried to get unlock code (for network-locked Samsung phone particularly) from the websites mentioned in this thread? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Farango

any spare voucher code? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭niallb

Likewise if anyone has a voucher they're not using I'd appreciate one after previous posters have been sorted.
    I've twin 14 year olds who are unhappy with their galaxy core primes going back to school!

Finally picked up a Nokia 3 up earlier. At €50 for an unlocked handset it's fantastic value. Got handed the €20 top-up voucher so will use that on my existing Vodafone account.

Had an old O2 SIM I hadn't used in years but it was still alive so ported that across. Couldn't have worked out better!

Finally picked up a Nokia 3 up earlier. At €50 for an unlocked handset it's fantastic value. Got handed the €20 top-up voucher so will use that on my existing Vodafone account.

Had an old O2 SIM I hadn't used in years but it was still alive so ported that across. Couldn't have worked out better!

I dunno what the rep done in store when I went in but she asked what number I wanted to port then said it was submitted. The number still hasn't switched over from Meteor since Saturday not that I care anyway as I'll be using my own sim in it the weekend. Handy Electric picnic phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Got the Nokia 3 yesterday evening, first time bootup I stuck a Meteor SIM card in it, the phone is unlocked, I've no idea if putting a non VF card in it first gets it unlocked or not. Impressed so far for the money. There appears to be zero Vodafone apps on it at all, no Vodafone logo on bootup either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement