Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Epson Stylus SX515W High-Speed All-in-One Printer with Individual Inks and Wi-Fi

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭gar120

a friend ordered one today.

seems a pretty decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭Ardent

I have this printer, it's great. That's a really good price, it usually retails around the 80 mark here.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

picked one of these up when tesco's had them on sale earlier in the year. Very impressed with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

good informative discussion on boards about this printer a couple of months ago
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056000024&highlight=sx515w

Bought one for 76sterling couple of months ago. Using compatible inks in mine since the original cartridges ran out (which didn't take very long) with no problems. bought 15 cartridges from a crowd called the ink cartridge king on amazon for less than 20euro in comparison to a similar price for a single epson cartridge :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

My friend has a ciss on one of these works great:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdCVDUeEvVs

I have a jr inkjet ciss for our canon and its the closest match colourwise to iriginal cartridges I've seen.

http://www.jrinkjet.co.uk/jr-inkjet-printer-ink-cartridge-ciss-system-for-epson-t0711-t0714-bcmy-320ml-p-7116.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭iknorr

Iv read some bad things about epson accepting 3rd party/compatible ink cartridges.

Has anyone used a certain compatible cartridge for this without problems? ( as in a few changes of cartridge?)

How much ink do the original cartridges come with...cant seem to find it online...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

I own this model. It's a really good printer. Unfortunately my first one broke due to 3rd party (Staples) cartridges clogging up the printer. I managed to blag a story and had it replaced for free.

Since I got this one I've only used Epson caartridges and it's been great. I'm sure I was just unlucky with the bad cartridges but to be honest it's pretty much known that the 3rd party ones are more prone to this sort of thing so I'm just staying clear. If you shop around you can get the official ones for within a quid or 2.

Top notch printer for the price. Think I got it for £44.99 in Currys but that was on offer at the time. Would definitely recommend this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,670 ✭✭✭flutered

iknorr wrote: »
    Iv read some bad things about epson accepting 3rd party/compatible ink cartridges.

Has anyone used a certain compatible cartridge for this without problems? ( as in a few changes of cartridge?)

How much ink do the original cartridges come with...cant seem to find it online...

i use ink from bigpockets.co.uk on my epson printer for the last 3 years, no probs with the printer accepting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭Nollog

Great deal.
    I bought mine at 70GBP which worked out to about 100 euro at the time.
    Worth more than that, so 30+ euro off is a great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Just bought one. Thanks op.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭chazlan

Picked one of these up in the great Tesco givaway :D mentioned above for €45, is a quality printer. Easy to set up, fast and works perfect with inkjet.ie compatiable ink! Highly recommended!!

Advertisement