Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back To The Future Trilogy (Blu-ray) - €29.99 [HMV Instore]

Options
  • 13-12-2010 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

About the same price delivered from Amazon, but cracking value for B&M.

In HMV in-store.. it's been reduced from €49.99 to €29.99.... BARGAIN!

"Hey McFly.. why don't you make like a tree... and scram!"

13456488x.jpg
    Review:

Experience the time travel adventure of a lifetime with Back To The Future!

Join Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox), Doc Brown Christopher Lloyd) and a time-travelling DeLorean as they travel to the past, present and future - setting off a time-shattering chain reaction that disrupts the space-time continuum.

From filmmakers Steven Spielberg, Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale, experience the ultimate time travel adventure. Packed with bonus features - it's time to go Back To The Future!

Back To The Future: Michael J. Fox stars as Marty McFly, a typical American teenager accidentally sent back to 1955 in a plutonium-powered DeLorean "time machine" invented by slightly mad scientist Dr. Emmett Brown (Christopher Lloyd). During his often hysterical, always amazing trip back in time, Marty must make certain his teenage parents-to-be, meet and fall in love otherwise he'll never be born...

Back To The Future - Part 2: A visit by Marty and Doc Brown to the year 2015 seems to resolve a few problems with the future McFly family. However, when they return home, they discover someone has tampered with time and Hill Valley, 1985; they must once again get back to 1955 to save their future.....

Back To The Future - Part 3: Mary Steenburgen joins the cast for this rousing conclusion to the popular series. Stranded in 1955 after a freak burst of lightning, Marty must travel back to 1885 to rescue the Wild West Doc Brown from a premature end. Surviving an Indian attack and unfriendly townsfolk, Marty finds Doc Brown is the local blacksmith. But with the Doc under the spell of the charming Clara Clayton, it's up to Marty to get them out of the Wild West and back to the future...

Special Features:
    • Tales from the Future: New six-part retrospective documentary featuring interviews with Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson, Director Robert Zemeckis, Producers Bob Gale and Neil Canton, plus Executive Producer Steven Spielberg including the following: In the Beginning, Time to Go, Keeping Time, Time Flies, Third Time's the Charm,
    • The Test of Time
    • The Physics of Back To The Future
    • Nuclear Test Site Ending Storyboard Sequence
    • 16 Deleted Scenes
    • Michael J. Fox Q&A
    • Q&A Commentaries with Director Robert Zemeckis and Producer Bob Gale
    • Feature Commentaries with Producers Bob Gale and Neil Canton
    • Making the Trilogy: Chapters One, Two & Three
    • The Making Of Back to the Future Part I, II & III
    • The Secrets of the Back to the Future Trilogy
    • Back to the Future Night
    • Behind-the-Scenes: Outtakes, Original Makeup Tests, Production Design, Storyboarding, Designing the DeLorean, Designing Time Travel, Hoverboard Test, Designing Hill Valley, Designing the Campaign
    • Back to the Future: The Ride
    • Huey Lewis and the News "Power of Love" Music Video
    • ZZ Top "DoubleBack" Music Video
    • Photo Galleries, Including Production Art, Additional Storyboards, Photographs, Marketing Materials and Character Portraits
    • U-CONTROL: Universal's exclusive feature allows viewers to learn more about their favorite film without ever leaving the movie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

I wasnt going to get this as I already have it on dvd and have seen em a million times, but its tempting at that price:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Very tempting but unfortunately HMV in Dublin don't seem to be selling it at that price. Went in to HMV Henry Street earlier to buy it but it was priced at €49.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

PWEI wrote: »
    Very tempting but unfortunately HMV in Dublin don't seem to be selling it at that price. Went in to HMV Henry Street earlier to buy it but it was priced at €49.99.

Was in HMV grafton st. today and it was that price (has been for about a week)

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

HMV are have some great deals on Blu-Ray Box Sets, picked up the Bourne Trilogy too for €19.99 in HMV Galway:D

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

grimm2005 wrote: »

+1

Told DH about the price reduction and he got himself to HMV Grafton St quick smart today - bagged the blu-rays for 29.99. Thanks OP, he was WELL pleased :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

grimm2005 wrote: »

Strange. I tried both upstairs and downstairs but on both floors it was priced at€49.99. I might pop in there tomorrow and bring it to their attention that its priced €29.99 everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

My Mrs has it ordered rom Amazon for me for Christmas after it was originally posted here.

Agree that ifyou keep an eye instore in HMV you can pick up some great bargains. Got Inception triple play recently for €17.99 and The Bourne Trilogy for €19.99(Pavillions in Swrods).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Em, anyone know if this is still at this price? Or has it expired?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was still this price on Saturday anyways.

I asked because the bro went down to the one in Dundrum and said it was €50. I said that he either picked up the collectors tin version, or the boxset wasn't priced correctly, which happens way to often in HMV.

• Advertisement

The collectors tin was still up at €59.99.. but the normal boxset was €29.99.

This was on Saturday though.. it's possibly it's went back up.

The gf just checked for me there in Dundrum to be sure and they told her that it never has been on sale for €30. :eek:
    And as far as they knew in Dundrum, that Grafton St had been selling it for €50 too. Hmmm
    you lying to me Basq?;)

Nope.. soc got it at €29.99 too.

But it wouldn't be the first instance of inconsistencies in HMV's pricing around Irish stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Its 29.99 in Limerick today anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I knew from the recent cinema release that these would look great but the picture quality is mind blowing.

Advertisement