Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Argos - 7" 800x600 Bush Digital Photo Frame €47.99

• 08-12-2010 11:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭

seems like a good deal to me. :)

they have it down as €119.94 in the regular catalogue in the shop but showing up at €47.99 on the little stock checking thing. :)

i've bought two already as presents and i might be going back for another one for myself. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,031 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Should have probably included a link! ;)

There's two.. a normal and "premium" (better screen resolution / ratio) version:

Bush 7 Inch Digital Photo Frame - Black
    Bush PF-D740 7 Inch Premium Digital Photo Frame - Black

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

basquille wrote: »
    Should have probably included a link! ;)

There's two.. a normal and "premium" version:

Bush 7 Inch Digital Photo Frame - Black
    Bush PF-D740 7 Inch Premium Digital Photo Frame - Black
    yeah, its the one with the catalogue no. 569/1641 that I got. the other one seemed like it had a much too low screen resolution for a screen that size so i reckon the one i got was much better value in the long run.

Yeah, the premium is definitely better value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Have added to the girlfriends christmas stocking. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

is 800x600 screen resolution decent quality ?

i've been meaning to get one of these and am tempted but dont want to get a crap one.

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭dnme

i've been meaning to get one of these and am tempted but dont want to get a crap one.

thanks

800x600 screen resolution means that the screen is made up of 800 dots (pixels) across by 600 dots down. It tells you little about the quality of those pixels. Standard LCD screens nowadays tend to be good enough in terms of brightness, colour saturation and contrast.

800x600 is a very small image. Your digital camera probably takes pics in at least full HD (1920 x 1080) and if you show one of those pics on this screen, it has to be digitally downsized by the unit which will also affect quality.

IMO, these digital photo frames are still at premium prices. We need to see them in bigger sizes (full HD +) and incorporating WiFi & DLNA. And then they need to be <€80. It'll happen soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

thanks
    Yup should be very good. It gets great reviews anywhere I looked anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Cheers OP... Might nab one of those for my ma's crimbo pressie:)

800x600 is plentiful pixels for a 7" screen by the way!

dnme wrote: »
    IMO, these digital photo frames are still at premium prices. We need to see them in bigger sizes (full HD +) and incorporating WiFi & DLNA. And then they need to be <€80. It'll happen soon enough.
    lol, you're not asking for much are you? :eek:

a resolution of 800x600 is great for a 7" LCD and you'll be hard pushed to find any LCD of that size with a higher resolution anywhere at all, never mind for less than €50.

it has a higher pixel density than a top of the range laptop with a 17" 16:9 widescreen and almost 3x the pixel density of a 40" full HD TV so i'm not sure exactly where you get such high expectations from? :rolleyes:

its a great little photo frame with lots of very positive reviews at a great price and an ideal xmas present for friends and family IMHO. what's not to like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Great find Vibe, reserved and collecting tonight.

• Advertisement

Great find Vibe, reserved and collecting tonight.
    good stuff, glad to be of service. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

Will pictures not be distorted since it's a 4:3 aspect ratio, as most pictures are taken in a 16:9 ratio?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

digital photography is generally 4:3

16:9 is more commonly used for video afaik

Soarer wrote: »
    Will pictures not be distorted since it's a 4:3 aspect ratio, and most pictures are taken in a 16:9 ratio?
    nope. most compact and bridge digital cameras take images in 4:3 or sometimes now in 3:2. DSLR's are usually 3:2 also.

if you have a HD camcorder it might well take them in 16:9 tho and some newer digital cameras do have an option of taking 3:2 images which matches the standard AR of traditional printed photo's.

but to answer the question, it automatically crops any images that don't fit the screen although i'm pretty sure it has options on how to deal with different AR's.

EDIT:
    Wossack wrote: »
    digital photography is generally 4:3

16:9 is more commonly used for video afaik
    beaten to the punch. :)

Fairly sure I've my DSLR set to a pixel ratio equivalent to 16:9, so they can be viewed properly on the tv.

Could be wrong though, so ignore my ramblings!:o

Fairly sure I have mine set to a pixel ratio equivalent to 16:9, so they can be viewed properly on the tv.

Could be wrong though, so ignore my ramblings!:o
    if its a decent enough camera it most likely has the option anyway.

Thanks vibe.

Am I shooting myself in the foot by having it set as such? I mean, are their even 16:9(10) DPF's available?

Thanks vibe.

Am I shooting myself in the foot by having it set as such? I mean, are their even 16:9(10) DPF's available?
    They're definitely out there - example.

In fact, this article seems to suggest they're more common than we think: http://www.digitalpictureframereview.com/2008/11/why-are-so-many-digital-picture-frames-169

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I don't suppose this does video playback, or have a clock? If not, can anyone recommend one that does and can be picked up in a shop in Dublin? Last minute present!

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

How is this charged?

• Advertisement

Sneachta wrote: »
    How is this charged?
    charged? it runs off the mains with an adapter. i don't think many (if any) are battery operated.

Advertisement