Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IKC registration

Options
  • 19-05-2019 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

Looking through old posts, but couldn't see anything relevant.

Wondering if anybody here knows the benefits of paying yearly fees to the IKC, if the dog is not showing or planned on showing/ breeding?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

What yearly fees?

If it's to register a litter, it's just a one off fee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

muddypaws wrote: »
    What yearly fees?

If it's to register a litter, it's just a one off fee

http://my.ikc.ie/login

Here's a pdf on it: http://my.ikc.ie/Content/Files/IKC_Online_Services_User_Manual_V1.pdf

You can get online membership, you can transfer the ownership of your IKC reg dog/dogs, list a litter, from what I can recall. When I had the membership I think it was very early stages and a not a lot of people were using it, a lot was empty.

I didn't renew, as I didn't have much use for it lol.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

VonVix wrote: »
    http://my.ikc.ie/login

Here's a pdf on it: http://my.ikc.ie/Content/Files/IKC_Online_Services_User_Manual_V1.pdf

You can get online membership, you can transfer the ownership of your IKC reg dog/dogs, list a litter, from what I can recall. When I had the membership I think it was very early stages and a not a lot of people were using it, a lot was empty.

I didn't renew, as I didn't have much use for it lol.

The OP says 'the dog' so I'm assuming they have an IKC registered dog and are maybe a bit confused.

Sorry, I realise that you can be an IKC member but didn't get the impression that's what the OP was querying. But I may be wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭patsy mulcaghy

That's right, the dog was registered by the breeder as a pup. But I'm now receiving emails from them reminding me to renew for the year.

Just wondered if there was any reason to keep it on, if I wasn't showing etc. I never plan to sell either in case that would be a reason.

Thanks
    muddypaws wrote: »
    The OP says 'the dog' so I'm assuming they have an IKC registered dog and are maybe a bit confused.

Sorry, I realise that you can be an IKC member but didn't get the impression that's what the OP was querying. But I may be wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,406 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

That's right, the dog was registered by the breeder as a pup. But I'm now receiving emails from them reminding me to renew for the year.

Just wondered if there was any reason to keep it on, if I wasn't showing etc. I never plan to sell either in case that would be a reason.

Thanks

Can you post the content of the emails you received? I've never heard of the IKC requesting a renewal, once a dog is registered, it's registered for life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭patsy mulcaghy

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Can you post the content of the emails you received? I've never heard of the IKC requesting a renewal, once a dog is registered, it's registered for life.

That's what I thought aswell, but maybe they've changed membership options. Received this from myikc@ikc.ie

'Membership expiring in 15 days
    Dear Mr _____,

Your membership is due to expire in 15 days.
    Please access my.ikc.ie to renew your membership.

Best regards,
    IKC'

I might just end up giving them a call to see the craic, thought I'd ask fellow members here first. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Springwell

It's your membership that needs renewal, nothing to do with the dog's registration. If you're not competing or showing there's no need to renew

Advertisement