Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Krone 243s oil leak

Options
  • 18-05-2019 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Has anyone ever had the gearbox on a Krone 243s leak before? When I parked up after mowing silage there was a pool of oil under the gearbox. I’ll attach a photo of where it’s leaking.

Spent the afternoon trying to take the gearbox out but between seized bolts and a lack of knowledge I decided I might ring the dealer on Monday for help.

If anyone had changed the seal before, was it hard to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭johnnyw20

Here is the photo

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

look to me like the bearing s are gone but i could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭9935452

i have a 243cv conditioner.
    I assume thats the shaft going into the gearbox top of the bed.
    Grass wrapss around that shaft and literally burns the seal out of it .
    You have to pull the frame off the mower. leave the gearbox attached to the mower .
    Once that gearbox shaft is exposed, seal will pry out of the side of the gearbox and press the new seal in .
    Its an easy job tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭johnnyw20

9935452 wrote: »
    i have a 243cv conditioner.
    I assume thats the shaft going into the gearbox top of the bed.
    Grass wrapss around that shaft and literally burns the seal out of it .
    You have to pull the frame off the mower. leave the gearbox attached to the mower .
    Once that gearbox shaft is exposed, seal will pry out of the side of the gearbox and press the new seal in .
    Its an easy job tbh

Thanks that makes perfect sense. I’d say your right about the grass as the shaft was laced in grass. Thanks I’ll give it a go

Advertisement