Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did you order cattle tags....

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

grassroot1 wrote: »
    Has he wrapped a new powerwasher for your present:D

spent the day powerwashing actually. Old power washer though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

whelan2 wrote: »
    That link wont load for me. They got 8.5 million from the dept of ag in 2015.
    I looked at the link they got 2.2million from the dept of ag for 2015.

Apologize to the poor feckers.;)

The scandal is averted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

pedigree 6 wrote: »

The scandal is averted.

There's noting poor about any fecker that got 2.2 million from the govt :D

Bullocks wrote: »
    There's noting poor about any fecker that got 2.2 million from the govt :D

Does anyone here have any experience of running an organization like this or is everyone here just living up to the typical mean h**r farmer who knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

It seems that all the opposition is from suckler farmers. Why?

The scandal is averted.
    Will go back and look tomorrow, 8.5 million is the figure I saw somewhere, maybe it was for a different year.

• Advertisement

Figerty wrote: »
    page 31 of the above link pedigree 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

I asked the auld lad when I was filling out the form would I give it to them just to see what he said "we're bad enough without giving them more"
    You don't hear of lads with sucklers going out to France skiing:D:D:D:D

I asked the auld lad when I was filling out the form would I give it to them just to see what he said "we're bad enough without giving them more"
    You don't hear of lads with sucklers going out to France skiing:D:D:D:D

Sell a bull and maybe you can too.;)

Oh don't mind me.:D

The woe is me attitude just annoys me sometimes.

Does anyone here have any experience of running an organization like this or is everyone here just living up to the typical mean h**r farmer who knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

Been over this before you're repeating yourself. Plenty of experience of it here, reread this thread

Sell a bull and maybe you can too.;)

Oh don't mind me.:D

The woe is me attitude just annoys me sometimes.

He's already sold without being advertised😎😎

• Advertisement

page 31 of the above link pedigree 6

From that page I'm getting 1,996,258 from the Dept.

It's not massive. I wouldn't mind being on the committee, although?

From that page I'm getting 1,996,258 from the Dept.

It's not massive. I wouldn't mind being on the committee, although.
    On pg 31 on MINE IT SAYS RECEIVED 1/1/15 FROM DEPT OF AG 8.464 MILLION sure whats 6million of a difference :)

On pg 31 on MINE IT SAYS RECEIVED 1/1/15 FROM DEPT OF AG 8.464 MILLION sure whats 6million of a difference :)

You're reading it wrong. Good job you're not my accountant.:eek:

Look at the balance coming in and the balance going out and then the two figures in the middle. One is direct from the gov but that can't be used directly so it goes into the pot and the figure in brackets is what is used during the year.

Edit: I thought you're out on the lash. What are you bothering with this for?

Edit: Actually looking at it again it's 998,129 in total on that page.
    The rest of the money from the gov is made up of suckler scheme costs and NDP for the year.
    It comes out at about 2 million though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

..... It seems that all the opposition is from suckler farmers. Why?

You can't give what you don't have.:D

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

You can't give what you don't have.:D

It must be uncomfortable lying on that mattress.:p

Oh God , I wouldn't have experience anyhow :P

I suppose the suckler boys oppose paying it mostly because no matter how progressive their breeding practice is the profit is still crap

Bullocks wrote: »
    Oh God , I wouldn't have experience anyhow :P

I suppose the suckler boys oppose paying it mostly because no matter how progressive their breeding practice is the profit is still crap

I was just thinking there that a bull with a good terminal index more than likely as good carcass weight but if that animal is going to be 40kg heavier than his comrade at slaughter he's going to get cut for weight. You'd wonder at times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Dunedin wrote: »
    Anyone else have any comments on the tagger?

It's a fair lump of a tagger, makes the Alflex look a bit of a toy.
    I like the fact it closes in a straight line towards each other rather than curving in like the alflex. The big bonus with it in my eyes tho is that you don't have to mess about changing the pin in and out, and it also seems to seal up the sample when you tag rather than having to open those stupid vials and then trying to snap them shut on the sampler.
    I was going to pick up a standard tagger off eBay this year to have 2 so there was no swapping but decided to go with cormac and get the fee tagger instead, they arrived in about 10/11days from the day I posted the order off and looks good but haven't used any yet as won't be starting calving till end of month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭jfh

thinking of changing from mullinhone, what are cormac like for service?
    whats the lead time with tags from date of ordering?
    thanks

jfh wrote: »
    thanks

How do lads find cormac tags for empty bvd samples?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

thanks
    Also what's the replacement rate like per year? Running at around 15% per yr here with Mullinahole.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭alps

Havnt had an empty one...using with 2 years now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

thanks

You'll have the tags in a couple of days after ordering. Find them great to deal with. Haven't replaced a cormac tag yet. Third year using them now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

This is only my first year using them, but they came very fast when ordered. And, don't know if it is imagination or not, but they seem sharper going into ear so the animal makes no fuss. BVD samples (touch wood) have all worked too. I'm happy so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

alps wrote: »
    Havnt had an empty one...using with 2 years now

I had only 2 over the years with Mullinahone, having 3 or 4 every year with Cormac.

I'm hoping that the extra cost from retesting will be more than covered by Cormac tags not breaking with every gust of wind. 3 years in now and no replacement tags needed yet so looking good so far?

blue5000 wrote: »
    Also what's the replacement rate like per year? Running at around 15% per yr here with Mullinahole.

I ordered Monday night ( online) and they came yesterday.
    We haven't replaced any Cormac tags so far. We would have been replacing at least 10% of Mullinahole tags and paying for replacements. They are free with Cormac

We have no empty samples either thank Jaysus.

The 3 replacement tags came aswell. I think mullinahone used only send them separately so twice the postage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭jfh

it was out of sheer laziness that i didn't change, just set up an account there, not as troublesome as i was thinking. ordered tags 1st week of may, no sign yet & according to the mullinhone agent, it mightn't be next week either, 15 business days lead time:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

it was out of sheer laziness that i didn't change, just set up an account there, not as troublesome as i was thinking. ordered tags 1st week of may, no sign yet & according to the mullinhone agent, it mightn't be next week either, 15 business days lead time:eek:

Took over 2 weeks from tags ordered to get here. Seriously thinking about changing to Cormac from next year. Not alone does the quality seem better but their customer service is fantastic. They even sent me a hat, despite not using their tags (yet!) :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Took 3 week for tags from Mullinahone in February took 3 days in May
    Customer service with them is unbusiness like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

grassroot1 wrote: »
    Took 3 week for tags from Mullinahone in February took 3 days in May
    Customer service with them is unbusiness like

My last year with mullinahones crappy products, breaking endlessly, aggrsvation of ordrring, paying for and applying secondly. Arrogant arses in mullinahone office couldnt care less. Cormac here i come

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Spending a fortune on tags , Dept inspection today and I’m still in trouble nothing thought or even looked at all the replacement tags I have purchased just the the one tag that I didn’t ��

I find Mullinhone tags very poor this year all together . I’m really thinking of changing
    There so poor even when they clip in

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Track9

Same issue here with Mullinahone Tags .
    Cattle drop at lest 4/5 tags per yr .
    Lots of admin & steep postage costs.

Im another lazy one which is why i didnt move ( think i may have been put by cost of new tagger circa 30 euro )

• Advertisement

Track9 wrote: »
    Same issue here with Mullinahone Tags .
    Cattle drop at lest 4/5 tags per yr .
    Lots of admin & steep postage costs.

Im another lazy one which is why i didnt move ( think i may have been put by cost of new tagger circa 30 euro )
    Do cormac not have a deal if you buy so many tags the taggers are free?

Spending a fortune on tags , Dept inspection today and I’m still in trouble nothing thought or even looked at all the replacement tags I have purchased just the the one tag that I didn’t ��

I had an inspection last week. You are allowed a certain amount of animals with one tag. An animal with 2 missing tags would be a major error. I had a good few with one tag and had tags ordered for them. The ordered tags have to actually be in your possession. I won't get fined. Have 30 days to order and put in the rest of the tags I need.

I’m afraid I have one with 2 missing that’s my problem tossed in with a late return of movement by 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

I’m afraid I have one with 2 missing that’s my problem tossed in with a late return of movement by 2 days

Is that the only animal missing a tag?

It's worked on percentages and whether one tag or two.

I used to have a copy of the guidelines for applying the penaltys but it could be out of date. it could take a while to find. Does any one know are they published online?

If you are found to be non-complaint there is also a yellow card system in place now, if this is your first time and fines are implemented on a stepped basis.

Was the movement in or out?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Donegalforever

oldsmokey wrote: »
    My last year with mullinahones crappy products, breaking endlessly, aggrsvation of ordrring, paying for and applying secondly. Arrogant arses in mullinahone office couldnt care less. Cormac here i come

The person I spoke to in Mullinahone recently was less than friendly.
    I told her that when tagging a calf with the Tissue Tag, the tag broke. I got the impression that I was bothering her (and I had to pay for a replacement Button Tag).

• Advertisement

Movement was in

Movement was in

Isn't the buyer supposed to post the form or do the notification. BTW I always post the form and I'm the seller as I know it's done. Last time I was in the post office there was a local farmer getting a certificate of postage for a movement cert. I don't even put a stamp on mine when posting them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Isn't the buyer supposed to post the form or do the notification. BTW I always post the form and I'm the seller as I know it's done. Last time I was in the post office there was a local farmer getting a certificate of postage for a movement cert. I don't even put a stamp on mine when posting them

Yeah, the buyer is responsible for notifying the movement.

But the sellers ar$e is over the fire until they can prove there's a valid reason for the calf being on their CMMS but not in their herd.

Advertisement