Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rte news revamp 2018

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

looks clean,spacious,bright and sharp,loving it

I am ho-hum about it, yes spacious but why the couch? Are they planning a morning show? Biggest change they needed was a new logo and new colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Intro and graphics are awful...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,671 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I had heard that the One news was getting a revamp no idea it included the Six One as well. It can't be that long since it was last revamped is it? I don't see why they need to do it. I wonder how much it all cost?

The couch looks odd for a news broadcast and out of place.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

looks clean,spacious,bright and sharp,loving it

I agree...looks very stylish. Sometimes our license fee is spent wisely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

please RTE take a leaf out our mainland european neighbours.

Christ, imagine being trapped in a dark room with that on a wall on a loop! They all look the same really and the Day Today got there first in any event.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Dunneryo wrote: »
    Why can't RTbe ad free like the Beeb?

Start a new thread if you want to discuss that question

• Registered Users Posts: 15,500 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephend2000

The Cush wrote: »
    “while providing a high refresh rate to allow viewers to experience RTE’s ultra-HD and 4K content”

They’ll probably have a new studio before this happens lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,380 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Just watching a little bit of the six one there, what's the deal with the gaudy red "Live" logo in bottom corner? Looks woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭political analyst

Due to the Eurovision final, today's Main Evening News will be broadcast at 8:40 on RTÉ News Now only, according to the TV Listings on RTÉ's Entertainment website. Clearly, the time when it was broadcast on RTÉ One after Eurovision is in the past!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭brick man

Due to the Eurovision final, today's Main Evening News will be broadcast at 8:40 on RTÉ News Now only, according to the TV Listings on RTÉ's Entertainment website. Clearly, the time when it was broadcast on RTÉ One after Eurovision is in the past!

At the end of six one there was no indication of any further bulletins and on s aorview epg for news now there's no indication of any live news except Euronews starting at 10 tonight

brick man wrote: »
    At the end of six one there was no indication of any further bulletins and on s aorview epg for news now there's no indication of any live news except Euronews starting at 10 tonight

You're right - the Saorview EPG contradicts the RTÉ Entertainment website's listings (The same happened last year, I think). Obviously, RTÉ isn't bothering with a late TV news bulletin on Eurovision night anymore.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Given it was well after midnight when it finished, you can understand why they wouldn’t have bothered - certainly no point in running a full length Nine on RTE One at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Is Eurovision night the only night in the year where there isn’t a main evening news bulletin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Is there one on December 25th?

icdg wrote: »
    Given it was well after midnight when it finished, you can understand why they wouldn’t have bothered - certainly no point in running a full length Nine on RTE One at that point.

Why could they not have had the bulletin on RTÉ Two instead? That's what was done when the Eurovision took place on the same day as the counting of the votes in the same-sex marriage referendum.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Is there one on December 25th?

There always has been a short main evening bulletin on Christmas Day. This is the first year when there hasn't been one on Eurovision night.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭madnessnmayhem

I notice Sharon Tobin doing 6.1 news a lot lately, good to see she's a fine news reader, I interviewed her during my radio course many years ago (when she was in TV3 at time)

I also notice that RTE aren't making any fuss about it maybe to save embarrassment if figures were low etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

Is Keelin Shapley not presenting 6.1 News anymore? Haven’t seen her on screen in ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Is Keelin Shapley not presenting 6.1 News anymore? Haven’t seen her on screen in ages!

Shanley!

Seems that they've taken presenters off for the others Maternity leave, Sharon Tobin seems to be the main news presenter on RTÉ now, I think she probably locks up at the end of the day also!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I prefer the way it is now. You never know from day to day who'll be presenting. Ray Kennedy, Sharon Tobin, Eileen Whelan, Vivenne Traynor, Keelin Shanley are all grand.

Advertisement