Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expert books by D.G. Hessayon out of print?

Options
  • 22-04-2019 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, I am a big fan of these books and was hoping to add to my collection but everywhere I look for the books I want, they are out of stock - I’ve tried bricks and mortar shops and online and it just seems to be used books available.
    I can’t seem to find a website for the botanist/author either.
    Does anyone know if they are out of print?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Most are definitely out of print. I filled the gap in mine with used books from Amazon; the condition was excellent and many were £0.01 plus postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Most are definitely out of print. I filled the gap in mine with used books from Amazon; the condition was excellent and many were £0.01 plus postage.

Thanks Jaxton Vast Tights. I wonder why they’re out of print? Such a pity since they were bestsellers.
    I’ll have a look on Amazon anyway - thanks for that

I picked up my collection on Abe books. Like Srameen they were in very good condition and cheap. Postage was dearer than book.
    Valuable info in them

There's a few on Adverts

https://touch.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_Gardening+expert/

Thanks everyone. I’ve ordered some on Amazon. Very cheap. I got 4 books for about €24 (postage included).

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

I see you got some on Amazon, I just came across this thread now. But for the future, I picked up most of mine in second hand shops. They are great books to be fair. Some for under a €! Tis worth keeping an eye in the charity shops, lots of other fabulous gardening books too, for so little money.

• Advertisement

I see you got some on Amazon, I just came across this thread now. But for the future, I picked up most of mine in second hand shops. They are great books to be fair. Some for under a €! Tis worth keeping an eye in the charity shops, lots of other fabulous gardening books too, for so little money.

I never thought of second hand bookshops! Must keep a lookout because I do want to get some more of these books at some stage. Thanks

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Charity shops, too. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Can't go wrong with Amazon. The second hand ones sold by World of Books Ltd are usually £0.01 plus postage of £3.20. You'd struggle to find them second hand elsewhere for under a fiver and the condition of the ones I picked 'Used - Very Good' are near perfect. Worst I've seen in the 4 I have bought were one or two shrubs marked with a star and another with a price where someone must have been out shopping with it.

I've the Garden Expert, Tree and Shrub Expert, Flowering Shrub Expert and Container Expert and that pretty much covers my needs. Great books.

Advertisement