Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxing 20/4 (Crawford v Khan, Allen v Browne, Garcia v Granados)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Throw Teofimo Lopez in with Campbell or Commey next and then Loma at the end of the year. He'll give Loma problems for sure. If Linares could, Teofimo will. Very big lightweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

ebbsy wrote: »
    Did you ?

No, betway screwed me. Said that Khan quit. I pointed out that basically every news and sports report stated the corner stopped it, which equates to throwing in the towel. No payout. 10/1 as well

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    Had thought about going in early saturday to see Larry Fryers but that would be a very long night!

I got in about 10 minutes before Fryers was on and he had a decent crowd behind him. Seemed to be a fairly large section in the top tier supporting him.

You missed the best fight of the night imo in Adames vs Galarza. Adames is an absolute beast.

On the main card, other than Teofimo, fights were a bit disappointing. Verdejo and Shakur's fights were awful to watch, and whilst Crawford Khan was good, the ending was a letdown.

Had great seats though which made it a better night than it would have been. Was right next to where the boxers came out of the locker rooms so got to shout at them coming out and coming back. Ran into Andre Ward in the the concourse too, which was nice although didn't talk to him as he was going back to the commentary area.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Morrison J wrote: »
    Throw Teofimo Lopez in with Campbell or Commey next and then Loma at the end of the year. He'll give Loma problems for sure. If Linares could, Teofimo will. Very big lightweight.

He's got a punchers chance imo atm, and that's just cos his power is ridiculous for his weight. Loma's skills are too good currently though.

I think Teofimo's best options (and he needs to step up in competition before Loma) would be Campbell for the WBC title. If he wins that, then Loma is a possibility assuming Teofimo can make weight. He won't be long at 135 though so if it doesn't happen in next 2/3 fights, I don't think it happens.

Advertisement