Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evga free PSU with Nvidia GTX 10 series GPUs

Options
  • 05-09-2018 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Evga are giving free PSUs with their 10 series GPUs.

Ordered a 1070ti for the price it is normally and got a free supernova g3 750W PSU that would be about €130 on its own. Some bargains to be had. Especially good if you're currently building a PC.

They have a 1080 TI with a 1300W 80+ gold rated PSU for 770 which is an amazing deal.

https://eu.evga.com/products/featured-bundles.aspx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Great bargains on all cards, with a lot of them the PSU basically comes free (or you could sell it to get back a decent amount of cashback on the purchase), and most bundles include a snazzy powerlink adapter as well worth another 30 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

EVGA PSUs are overrated imho for the (slight) premium money they command. And a 700W 80% bronze rated (pretty poor efficiency, basically the lowest any half respected brand would do) with a EUR460 GTX1070 isn't really a good deal in my book, unless you can't get a GTX1070 for under say EUR430 anywhere.

Had to laugh at the "back to school sale" theme though :)

As if the kids are playing even more video games now school started as they have been playing all summer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

The cheapest you can get that card is about €440 right now, so if you know where you can get a quality 700w PSU for less than €20, then maybe you could say it's not a bargain.
    At the lower end, you can get a 4gb 1050ti + a very good 600w psu for less than the current market price of the same GPU alone. Likewise you can get the 6gb 1060 + a very good 650w psu for less than the price of the card alone.
    And with all of them you get EVGA's excellent customer service and warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sinnerboy0

Evga are one of the few allow overclocking of cards and still honour the warranty as far as I'm aware. Plus the warranty is 3 years on the card and 5 or 10 years (plus 2 years free on the PSU. My PSU is going to be covered til 2030.

The cheapest you can get that card is about €440 right now

GBP370 from Amazon, free shipping, works out at about €420 landed

Linky

I guess €40 for the mediocre PSU (that you probably don't want, so have to sell again) is not bad, but I'd hardly call it a great bargain

Second hand GTX1070 more like €300 and going down (with ETH mining less and less profitable). Wouldn't be surprised if someone picked one up on adverts for not much more than €200 in the next month or so. Only saying...

Not trying to be picky here though, OP could very well be a bargain to some. Just trying to let people now the relative value of these things to give a bit of balance :)

• Advertisement

sinnerboy0 wrote: »
    Evga are one of the few allow overclocking of cards and still honour the warranty as far as I'm aware.

Amazon is the only seller that allow whatever the hell you want to do with your card incl. BIOS mods, overclock and undervolt and still give you a no questions asked warranty. Beyond the manufacturers warranty :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

unkel wrote: »
    GBP370 from Amazon, free shipping, works out at about €420 landed

Linky

I guess €40 for the mediocre PSU (that you probably don't want, so have to sell again) is not bad, but I'd hardly call it a great bargain

Second hand GTX1070 more like €300 and going down (with ETH mining less and less profitable). Wouldn't be surprised if someone picked one up on adverts for not much more than €200 in the next month or so. Only saying...

Not trying to be picky here though, OP could very well be a bargain to some. Just trying to let people now the relative value of these things to give a bit of balance :)

Not like for like, doesn't come with EVGA warranty, doesn't come with a very good PSU and Powerlink accessory, lower clock speed, lower boost speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭ablelocks

the essence of bargain alerts, I don't need it, want it, or even understand the previous posts.

but a part of me still wants to buy buy buy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Note that the 2080 series will launch later this month. I guess EVGA are shifting stock. Just in case its a factor you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

From overclockers.co.uk

��GRAB IT WHILE YOU CAN!!!��

Pick up an MSI OC 1080 Ti 11GB GPU for a crazy £599.99! ������

This spicy price is ONLY AVAILABLE ON PREORDER so if you want the bargain, grab it now! - https://goo.gl/1dnyJt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

The EVGA deal isn't bad if you are building a high end system and need a PSU, but I would prefer to say a straight price reduction. I think it's definitely wise to wait to see what happens when the 2080 is properly available. The tech press has been reporting an overhang of GPU inventory as AIBs had to buy back unsold 10 series stock from Nvidia in order to secure a supply of the RTX series. I wouldn't trust what any retailer has to say on their forums (regarding 10 series pricing/stock), especially OCUK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

surely they would call out Gibbo on the OCUK forums if what he is leading towards saying ie. this is last chance saloon to grab a reduction on 1080Ti as stocks aren't high at all

am in the market myself for a 1080ti but not in a rush, I've got a couple of months before I will need it, so hopefully its a load of bull and scaremongering, but I guess if the RTX cards don't bench as well as hoped then there will be a surge in demand for the remaining 1080Tis

Not like for like, doesn't come with EVGA warranty

Amazon warranty > EVGA warranty

PSU is mediocre. If you needed one, yeah it's a good deal, I already granted that

And lower speeds are there to be turned into faster speeds :p

Advertisement