Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kerry Gold butter - change

• 18-05-2019 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi

I was wondering has anyone else seen the change in the colour and taste of kerry gold butter. I have gotten the butter on the continent and its similar.

The colour is lighter and its easier to spread. IMO i would prefer it the way it was. It must be due to the export markets and production costs.

Can anyone say the same or shed some light on the subject ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,575 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The colour would change somewhat season to season based on feed; and spreadability would be temperature related unless you keep it in the fridge year-round. I don't use huge amounts of butter and mostly for cooking so me saying I haven't noticed anything probably isn't that useful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,798 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Did you pick up unsalted Kerrygold by mistake? Unsalted butter is generally lighter in colour & is quite common on the continent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭sudzs

When I lived in England I noticed that the Kerrygold was a little different there. Not sure about the colour but it was easier to spread than the Kerrygold I would buy in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Only noticed yesterday how much easier.it is to spread. Good for me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Usually the case in summer time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

whiskeyman wrote: »

Usually the case in summer time?
    No not at all. Its definitely easier to spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tyrone Shoelaces

Yes it has definitely changed and not for the better. It's lost taste and is more like a 'spread'. Dreadful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tyrone Shoelaces

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Is it still real butter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Definitely - but that doesn't mean they haven't changed it slightly ,not necessarily on purpose , could be seasonal changes too, depending on the cows diet ..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Thread is also several years old so if it’s changed, looks like it’s changed again. Still tastes better than any spread. 😋

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭GoogleBot

Spreads are not 100% butter, usually up to 60% the rest junk oil like a palm or veg with no health benefits. If you stop buying they will eventually roll back to real butter.

Advertisement