Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How am I only getting 3MBps sending files to my NAS?

• 16-05-2019 8:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭

I am transferring files from my windows PC to my Synology NAS.
    My network has a 1GB switch in the sitting room and a 1GB switch in the sideroom (where the NAS is) but transferring a file (with a wired connection) gets me 3MBps.

Is there any way to indentify the bottle neck?

Thanks
    M

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

Do the LED indicators on the switches indicate that you are connected at the 1Gb(not GB) rate on all ports involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭irishbuzz

See if you can connect directly from the PC to the NAS and test the speed
    Then repeat via a single switch
    Finally repeat via the other switch

This should help narrow things down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

If its 3Mbps, then its probably a bad link bringing it down to 10Mbps/Half.
    If its 3MBps, might just be a slow NAS. Easiest way to tell is to just wire directly into it and read/write to it.

Advertisement