Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-10-2019, 21:37   #1
podgeandrodge

Ryanair scratch cards

I purchased some scratchcards today on a Ryanair flight.

A few of them 'won' me entry into the €1m price draw.
You go to a website and type your name and address etc. in and they will contact you if you get further I guess.

I had 4 cards with the "yes" to the draw - so i typed the same information in 4 times. But there is no ticket number or anything - they just say hold onto your ticket for verification.

So I am wondering, is there any point in typing in your name 4 times for 4 tickets, or could you type it in 50 times and increase your chances - albeit with 4 tickets. Just trying to figure this out!

ps. says "only enter once per winning scratch card".. But i am still thinking how can they validate this.
Advertisement
21-10-2019, 21:42   #2
Umaro

Send a message via ICQ to Umaro
Ryanair scratchcards are one of the all-time great scams.

Quote:
The Ryanair charity scratch cards, which are sold on flights for €2, have been at the centre of controversy before. The scratch cards give entrants a chance to enter an annual draw with a jackpot of €1 million.

But the annual winner selected from the draw does not automatically take home the €1 million jackpot, instead they have to pick one envelope out of 125. Only one of these envelopes has the €1 million prize, others have lower prizes which range down to €50,000. The 2016 scratch card draw winner was from the United Kingdom, and won €50,000.

A spokesman for Ryanair said the €1 million jackpot has never been won, but that the scratch cards include other prizes outside of the annual draw, such as “thousands of cash prizes (up to €5,000) and free cars (at least 1 per month)” he said.
Source

By the sounds of it you would just need to hold on to 1 ticket, in the unlikely event you get called they might ask for proof.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion