Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Georgia vs Ireland, Euro 2020 qualifier, RTE2 & Sky Sports Football, 2pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Mokuba wrote: »
    As far as I know they draw for home and away advantage in the final.

yep, thats it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Zico ! wrote: »

:pac:I think Mick disagrees. Hopefully he'll get the bit of luck he needs and will be right in the end. He fooked it today. No two ways about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,497 ✭✭✭✭noodler

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Was even worse, it actually looks like he's happy with that kind of result and performance.

His predecessor looked pissed off after similar results and performances. Mick should be angry with the missed opportunity, sure keep that indoors, but don't look smug after that fook up by himself today.

Ah you are an outright liar.

MON was absolutely bulling at the suggestion the point from a much worse performance in Tblisi last campaign wasn't a good point.

Edit : of course you know this but you're such a MON defender you are posting a post a minute about how today is "Mick's fault" or how his interviews are bad. Fairly transparent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,789 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

More you look at this team we had out, the more you realize that creativity and scoring would ALWAYS be an issue,

noodler wrote: »

MON was absolutely bulling at the suggestion the point from a much worse performance in Tblisi last campaign wasn't a good point.

No you're the outright liar. Either that or you've got it totally wrong ..... again pal

• Advertisement

Edit : of course you know this but you're such a MON defender you are posting a post a minute about how today is "Mick's fault" or how his interviews are bad. Fairly transparent.

:pac: If you're going to edit something noodles at least get your spelling correct eh

:pac: If you're going to edit something noodles at least get your spelling correct eh

Been waiting in the wings for a chance to attack Mick, eh?

Pathetic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    At least the U21s will be used to playing for Kenny & his style for when they make the step up to the senior squad.
    They won't have the bad habits or low confidence caused by the last few managers.

I hope.

Kenny U21 manager for his benefit. Primarily so he wasn't thrown in at the deep end trying to get to a Euros with games in Dublin.

Id say if Kenny brings 3 or 4 of the players he's working with now into squads for the World Cup qualifying, it'll be the height of it.

Players looking promising now will invariably drift off into lower league football.

Been waiting in the wings for a chance to attack Mick, eh?

Pathetic

Your retort is pathetic.

No not all noodles. I'm hoping Mick gets us there.

That performance and result in Tbilisi today was it different than when MON was in charge in his most recent game there as Ireland manager?

It wasn't.

The criticism on here and on the RTE panel was different though. Maybe the old panel had more affect on here than some thought one wonders? Or maybe the anti Keane thing on here holds sway? It's hard to tell.

It's all bollocks anyway noodles. MON's last result and performance v Georgia was poor and Mick's today was no better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

No not all noodles. I'm hoping Mick gets us there.

That performance and result in Tbilisi today was it different than when MON was in charge in his most recent game there as Ireland manager?

It wasn't.

The criticism on here and on the RTE panel was different though. Maybe the old panel had more affect on here than some thought one wonders? Or maybe the anti Keane thing on here holds sway? It's hard to tell.

It's all bollocks anyway noodles. MON's last result and performance v Georgia was poor and Mick's today was no better.

I think people respect where Mick took us from, we were rock bottom by the end of MON.

Mick has us top of the group two games to go with at worst needing one home win to qualify. Mick was not given time to build a team or system he was given a set of games to qualify, he’s keeping up his part of the deal so far.

O’Neill had years to build a team and system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I never want see Georgia again. That was every bit as bad as 2 years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Our biggest attacking threat is Duffy which says enough really. McClean and Coleman were awful. Doherty looks like a LOI player when he's on the left.

Soups123 wrote: »
    I think people respect where Mick took us from, we were rock bottom by the end of MON.

Mick has us top of the group two games to go with at worst needing one home win to qualify. Mick was not given time to build a team or system he was given a set of games to qualify, he’s keeping up his part of the deal so far.

O’Neill had years to build a team and system

I respect what Mick has done largely so far and I think/hope we'll still qualify which is all that counts.

I'm talking about the result and performance in Tbilisi today. There's no difference at all in the results and performances between Ireland under Mick today and Ireland under MON in his last game in charge v Georgia there. A big difference in the tone of criticism though.

Maybe Mick is more likeable? But if that's really what it all comes down to then it really reveals how vacuous and fickle some people are.

It's no wonder Delaney stayed in charge so long or that the likes of Healy Rae gets voted for in Kerry.

I respect what Mick has done largely so far and I think/hope we'll still qualify which is all that counts.

I'm talking about the result and performance in Tbilisi today. There's no difference at all in the results and performances between Ireland under Mick today and Ireland under MON in his last game in charge v Georgia there. A big difference in the tone of criticism though.

Maybe Mick is more likeable? But if that's really what it all comes down to then it really reveals how vacuous and fickle some people are.

It's no wonder Delaney stayed in charge so long or that the likes of Healy Rae gets voted for in Kerry.

Obsessed.

Could you not have left with MON?

Obsessed.

Could you not have left with MON?

Obsessed? Obsessed about what?

You're the one that comes across obsessed noodler. I'd suggest that you drop that line pal.

Obsessed? Obsessed about what?

You're the one that comes across obsessed noodler. I'd suggest that you drop that line pal.

Stop posting every couple of minutes about it being "Mick's fault" or his interviews.

It's transparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

Agree today was no different. But you have to look at the circumstances.

O’Neill was given the time to build a squad, a way of playing and ultimately chose his path with the players at his disposal.

Mick has been put in there to get us qualified, mo time to warm up or try new players just straight bang into qualifiers.

He has us top with a home win away from qualifying and I’d never have thought that it possible on his day one.

Reality is the squad quality is ****e. You’d have to hope Kenny can bring a few through and try build from there but it’s a big ask of Kenny

Stop posting every couple of minutes about it being "Mick's fault" or his interviews.

It's transparent.

It was his fault today. He didn't make the changes when he could have had. Are you disagreeing with that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,967 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Time for an all Ireland team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

ebbsy wrote: »
    Time for an all Ireland team.

Our solid defence and uninspired attack coupled with their solid defence and uninspired attack could be the receipe for success.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

What result suits us best in the Denmark v Switzerland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,977 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

eh i dunno wrote: »

We pretty much just want whichever one of them we think we can beat, to lose. Think i'd be going for a Swiss win, which (even if we lose to the Swiss ourselves) would leave us with a one-off game at home against Denmark on the last day, with a 0-0 likely enough to go through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Both teams to be disqualified from the euros

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,880 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Were ****ed now

Mick fooked it today big time

Mick fooked it today big time

But MON was blameless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

McClean gave the ball away 25 times today, mother of god but he's robbing a living.

But MON was blameless

Obsessed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,967 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Rikand wrote: »

Both teams to be disqualified from the euros

We need a typhoon to wipe out the rest of the fixtures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭mada999

Strumms wrote: »
    Mick was an experienced International manager and one who has managed for a prolonged period in a professional league...Stephen Kenny ?....

A guy who has managed in by and large amateur league, minimal knowledge and relationships with the squad, no experience of the level they ply their trade at, minimal knowledge or relationships with the management of the players clubs... zero levels of success apart from amateur football....

Not enough relevant experience... I’ll be wishing him well, cheering on him and the boys on but it’s a questionable appointment... but let’s see how it goes..

Yup Mick is an experienced International manager from years ago. Imo the game has changed.

What trophies has Mick won ? Stephen Kenny has won leagues and cup's here in Ireland (fair enough in a poor league). However, he stepped up into Europe an narrowly missed out on getting to the CL, ended up in the Europa league and didnt disgrace himself (which isn't an amateur competition) - that's a little bit of experience right there.

Mick started with Millwall and then got the Irish job, surely Mick had less "relevant" experience back then than Stephen Kenny has now surely?

We need a new direction and and someone with a new way of thinking and methods instead of managers coming in and making the players play a certain defensive way. At the moment they are being told that they are not good enough and are being directed to play a certain type of football.

If you ask me it's a shame Stephen Kenny didnt get a few years at u-21 and under to get them set up to play the way he wants then then transition them into the senior team he was ready to take the reigns.

Georgia were so much better on the ball because they were allowed to express themselves. There's no way that man for man Georgia are better technically. I believe the previous Irish managers have beat the football out of the lads.

Advertisement