Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Social housing/CBL Galway

• 13-04-2021 10:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭

Mod move if in wrong area..
    Recently received a letter with login details for CBL for East Galway.
    Does everyone get these or could it be an indication I'm close to obtaining a council house?
    Suppose to have properties up on it from last Wednesday but surprisingly nothing so far.
    On the list 5 years...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,084 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Everyone, or close to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭Yonce

Everyone, or close to it.

Source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Yonce wrote: »
    Source?

4) Who can access the CBL system?

Everyone on housing waiting list, except existing tenants (in local authority/RAS/Long Term Leasing) who are approved for transfer, will be eligible to access the CBL system. Those in the transfer category will be considered for properties separately by the Allocations team.

From the FAQs

https://cbl.galwaycity.ie/PublicPortal/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=/PublicPortal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Says it all really.

Your Face wrote: »
    Says it all really.

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to make this statement

• Advertisement

Mod move if in wrong area..
    Recently received a letter with login details for CBL for East Galway.
    Does everyone get these or could it be an indication I'm close to obtaining a council house?
    Suppose to have properties up on it from last Wednesday but surprisingly nothing so far.
    On the list 5 years...

It could be an indication as a friend of mine hasn't received any details for CBL, but when is the key word, 5 years is probably about half the time on the list in the city from what I hear.
    Good luck anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,084 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

FWIW, the choice-based letting system was very recently introduced in Galway City. I'm told there haven't been many properties listed so far, but hopefully this will speed up a bit (it depends on whether there are any houses becoming available).

It's a bit like an expression-of-interest job panel: everyone who is (potentially) eligible for a vacancy is notified, the people who are interested in this one put their hands up, and the one with the most "points" gets it.

It speeds up social housing allocation, because the council etc don't waste time offering places to people who don't want them.

But of course it only works if there actually are vacancies to fill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

FWIW, the choice-based letting system was very recently introduced in Galway City. I'm told there haven't been many properties listed so far, but hopefully this will speed up a bit (it depends on whether there are any houses becoming available).

It's a bit like an expression-of-interest job panel: everyone who is (potentially) eligible for a vacancy is notified, the people who are interested in this one put their hands up, and the one with the most "points" gets it.

It speeds up social housing allocation, because the council etc don't waste time offering places to people who don't want them.

But of course it only works if there actually are vacancies to fill.

That's essentially it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to make this statement

You're welcome.
    I would have responded earlier but I had to go to work.

Your Face wrote: »
    You're welcome.
    I would have responded earlier but I had to go to work.

Same as me. Only I work 3 12hr shifts so I have a bit more time off in between. Does that fit your narrative? Presume I don't work have a house full of snotty nosed blaggards and no fatherly role?
    Think again. I have a husband and kids and pay my way absolutely, I'm about 300 euro under the threshold for social housing. And if I start earning just that bit more I'll come off the list, problem is I'll never get a mortgage, but to satisfy your presumption that I don't work and all the above let's just pretend I don't!
    Another thing, i received a social house 17 years ago in another county, i worked my ass off and got a better job and gave the house back to the council for someone else more needy, and move county and rented since, I then took a hit in my ages so found myself unable to purchase a house and my savings were ate up.
    But keep making presumptions and looking down from yiur high hours if it makes your life better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement