Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leg knee pain

• 08-04-2021 11:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,021 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I've a strange and persistant pain located just to the right of my left knee. I've had xrays, physio etc but whilst some relief from physio, the pain persists. An MRI has been requested (47 weeks, I'm not kidding), may need to go private.

The odd thing is no pain when sitting upright, walking etc, the problem starts with putting leg up and in bed. I've been suffering with this for over a year and have additional Thyroid complaint which effects sleep, this leg pain essentially exasperates sleep problems.

I wondered has anyone experienced such a pain, I'm guessing it could be a ligament or muscle issue but I should add , the pain travels down leg and causes occasional numbness in left foot.

Im avoiding pain killers but my GP has prescribed Difene Gel which does give some relief.

Thanks in advance

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 385 ✭✭Iguarantee

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Hi,

I've a strange and persistant pain located just to the right of my left knee. I've had xrays, physio etc but whilst some relief from physio, the pain persists. An MRI has been requested (47 weeks, I'm not kidding), may need to go private.

The odd thing is no pain when sitting upright, walking etc, the problem starts with putting leg up and in bed. I've been suffering with this for over a year and have additional Thyroid complaint which effects sleep, this leg pain essentially exasperates sleep problems.

I wondered has anyone experienced such a pain, I'm guessing it could be a ligament or muscle issue but I should had, the pain travels down leg and causes occasional numbness in left foot.

Im avoiding pain killers but my GP has prescribed Difene Gel which does give some relief.

Thanks in advance

Ring Affidea (or whoever) and pay the money to get an MRI?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭Spook80

I clicked this post because i can kind of relate. Ive been suffering with different strange pains all over but more so in my right foot.
    I say strange because they’re worse when I’m less active or settling into bed.
    I wasn’t gonna write back until i seen you mentioned thyroid problems and then i noticed in a different post you were diagnosed with Graves’ disease several years ago.
    I was diagnosed with graves in July 2018 and found a lot of this stuff happening since. All my blood tests since have shown to be ok and any time i mentioned a concern to my endocrinologist he dismisses it and says “bloods are ok, it must be something else” and see your GP.
    I’ve found a lot online from different graves support forums which suggest symptoms like this that aren’t officially recognised. All i can suggest is stay on top of your blood tests and hopefully you get an answer soon.
    Ill be booking my own appointment with GP this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,021 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Spook80 wrote: »
    I clicked this post because i can kind of relate. Ive been suffering with different strange pains all over but more so in my right foot.
    I say strange because they’re worse when I’m less active or settling into bed.
    I wasn’t gonna write back until i seen you mentioned thyroid problems and then i noticed in a different post you were diagnosed with Graves’ disease several years ago.
    I was diagnosed with graves in July 2018 and found a lot of this stuff happening since. All my blood tests since have shown to be ok and any time i mentioned a concern to my endocrinologist he dismisses it and says “bloods are ok, it must be something else” and see your GP.
    I’ve found a lot online from different graves support forums which suggest symptoms like this that aren’t officially recognised. All i can suggest is stay on top of your blood tests and hopefully you get an answer soon.
    Ill be booking my own appointment with GP this week.

Hi there, yes I was diagnosed with Greaves, well spotted :) Yes, muscle pain can be a symptom but it would be general muscular pain. I don't think my leg pain related as it's quite specific and only affects one leg.

I have a 3 monthly consultation with endocrinologist, have to say he's very good, bloods also done regularly.

Yes indeed Graeves is quite the challenge and my worst symptom is insomnia, not helped with this damn leg issue.

Keep positive, my Meds have been perfected after quite some time assessing quantities,

Thanks for the response, stay safe :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement