Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nitro fuel sales in kerry

Options
  • 05-06-2010 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

dear all nitro car owners in the Kerry area
    i have been in contact with killarney motor factor and the owner has said to me he is going to be in contact with his oil and chemical supplier to see if he can get nitro fuel in stock
    i don't know what make it would be but if you in Kerry and need nitro fuel comment back and so i can get a rough number of how many people would buy it so i can let him know
    cheers
    benj321

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

What 'type' nitro fuel? Like what percentage 'nitromethane'? A swedish friend who lives here is big into RC but prefers to mix his own fuels- he has some special mix for best performance or some such and was wondering could he buy 100% or 99% stuff. He says he used to get it in Sweden and mix in certain proportions with the methanol and (I think Its castor, but not sure) oil. However the only stuff he has found is pre-mixed stuff. He may be interested in a litre or two of the stuff... But he is in Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 benj321

heya mate
    i think it would be 16% nitro but ur mate can get some of the nitro her requires from http://www.greenhobbymodel.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

Sound for the link :). Just got off the phone with him, he needs some cos the bottle he has went purple. According to the net that means it is past Its use by date and has went unstable. If anyone has any 90%+ stuff, try this. a drop of ammonia oven cleaner into a small vial of it. Note down any change in colour. Dispose of safely. Now, in future if you note this colour change in your nitro, arrange for disposal. I only recently learned that it can go unstable... Hate to think what it would do to the engine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 gazza12345

i will tack some if he can get it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

http://www.hobbiesireland.ie/

I think will send out good quality nitro as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement