Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minerals pre tupping

Options
  • 17-09-2019 4:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

Looking till seee what people are giving ewes pre tupping. Moved away from mayo healthcare bolus 2 years ago and drench now with turbo sheep and more than happy.

How do you give ewes minerals? 17 votes

Bolus
    0%
    Drench
    35%
    paddysdreamJ.O. FarmerLano LynnSheep breederorm0ndDinzee Conlee 6 votes
    Lick buckets
    52%
    razor8Sami23Ard_MCCountry ladSheep breederorm0ndWhite Cloverkk.manLambman 9 votes
    I dont
    11%
    Sami23DJ98 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Ard_MC

Lick buckets
    Mineral drench here. Gathered off the hill 2 weeks before the ram. Get wormed, fluke, minereal and dipped in the first week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭White Clover

Lick buckets
    Lambman wrote: »
    Looking till seee what people are giving ewes pre tupping. Moved away from mayo healthcare bolus 2 years ago and drench now with turbo sheep and more than happy.

Currently drench with grovite. Done 7th Sept, Was considering the mayo healthcare bolus' this year. Can you say why you went away from the bolus?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

Lick buckets
    Just sceptical I suppose and didn't see no improvement in the sheep wile using them. Also with the drench u can use it on the lambs were ur not gonna go sticking a bolus in every lamb although I know people do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Drench
    Just sceptical I suppose and didn't see no improvement in the sheep wile using them. Also with the drench u can use it on the lambs were ur not gonna go sticking a bolus in every lamb although I know people do.

I actually voted, and I shouldnt have - as we don’t lamb anymore.
    We buy store lambs and would bolus them, found putting drench back in lambs every 3 weeks to be a hassle, and it just wouldn’t get done - that’s why we use bolus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

Lick buckets
    Much do they cost and how long do they do for lambs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Drench
    Much do they cost and how long do they do for lambs?

1.40 per bolus, and should do 6 months, but I think i’ll go a bit sooner than that again.
    https://www.agridirect.ie/product/all-guard-sheep-and-lamb-bolus-4-in-1

Advertisement