Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LM090 Mature Applicant Question

Options
  • 04-06-2015 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hi all. Probably a stupid question. Had to write a personal statement for this course (PE teaching) a few months back. I was then called for an interview a month ago. I was told I'd find out if I was successful in the next three weeks. Had an email yesterday saying that nobody had been offered a place yet I was eligible for a place.
    Should I be optimistic?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭AKeenan348

JamieK wrote: »
    Hi all. Probably a stupid question. Had to write a personal statement for this course (PE teaching) a few months back. I was then called for an interview a month ago. I was told I'd find out if I was successful in the next three weeks. Had an email yesterday saying that nobody had been offered a place yet I was eligible for a place.
    Should I be optimistic?

Hi,

I got a similar letter from DCU to say that I wouldn't be called for interview but that didn't mean I wasn't successful. I found out later that I got a straight offer. So I think it looks like a good sign. If you meet all the entry requirements, and you did good in the interview, I think it looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kaz.15

Hi JamieK,

I'm in the same boat as yourself. I received the email last month and it got my hopes up.

I spoke with Admissions and the Director of the course to get some feedback. I was advised that all people who went for an interview were placed on the same waiting list but in rank order. That was the only info they could disclose.

I guess it's all just a big waiting game. At least we should hopefully hear something this week from the CAO.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

Kaz.15 wrote: »
    Hi JamieK,

I'm in the same boat as yourself. I received the email last month and it got my hopes up.

I spoke with Admissions and the Director of the course to get some feedback. I was advised that all people who went for an interview were placed on the same waiting list but in rank order. That was the only info they could disclose.

I guess it's all just a big waiting game. At least we should hopefully hear something this week from the CAO.

Best of luck!

Out of curiosity do you know how many were interviewed??

Did you not think of asking that yourself? Haha :-)

24 interviews and approx 7 places as far as I know

Kaz.15 wrote: »
    Did you not think of asking that yourself? Haha :-)

24 interviews and approx 7 places as far as I know

Ooh I thought it was 10! :( haha

Good luck anyway!

• Advertisement

Got the course! :D

Me too!! See you in Sept :-)

Advertisement