Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android for 13yr old.

Options
  • 16-11-2018 10:19am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking for suggestions for an android phone for my 13yr daughter, shes currently using a nokia android great phone and all but its time for something new, budget around the €200 mark or so.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Dcully wrote: »
    Looking for suggestions for an android phone for my 13yr daughter, shes currently using a nokia android great phone and all but its time for something new, budget around the €200 mark or so.

Samsung J6? €159:99c

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭corks finest

Got mine a Nokia 7 plus, purely to protect his eyes,saw him kinda squinting looking at a video on his old I phone

mi a2 lite

https://www.amazon.es/Xiaomi-Mi-Lite-Smartphone-importada/dp/B07FP3T6Z4/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1542451951&sr=1-1&keywords=mi+a2+lite

stock android so regular updates, very long battery life, modern looks and solid design and good size, camera decent. comes with a silicone case in box.

blue colour works well

xiaomi-mi-a2-lite-64gb-4gb-ram-dual-sim-blue.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I'd second the xiaomi's
    Fast as anything with great battery (I'm using a redmi note 4 Global version and it's still good as new).

I'd be interested to hear what's the difference between the Mi-lite and Redmi Note series as they're around the same price.

My one was gotten on Honourbuy.com for about 170 at the time. The REdmi Note 5's are about 180 on there now.

Word of advice though, the metal casing is slippy as hell so it's easy to drop and crack the screen. Get a screen protector and rubber casing, they're half nothing on the same site.

I'd second the xiaomi's
    Fast as anything with great battery (I'm using a redmi note 4 Global version and it's still good as new).

I'd be interested to hear what's the difference between the Mi-lite and Redmi Note series as they're around the same price.

My one was gotten on Honourbuy.com for about 170 at the time. The REdmi Note 5's are about 180 on there now.

Word of advice though, the metal casing is slippy as hell so it's easy to drop and crack the screen. Get a screen protector and rubber casing, they're half nothing on the same site.

main difference is stock android which is better than MIUI and regular security updates and main updates. runs rapid on stock android even with snapdragon 625. note 5 slightly better camera but not much really. mi a2 lite has a better screen and more modern design.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Shpongler

The redmi note 5 is €139 on three at the moment if you switch from another network. Great price for bricks and mortar. Just get a free sim from 48months and use that sim to port and get the discount.

The MI a2 lite is similar but slightly better if you don't mind buying online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Shpongler wrote: »
    The redmi note 5 is €139 on three at the moment if you switch from another network. Great price for bricks and mortar. Just get a free sim from 48months and use that sim to port and get the discount.

The MI a2 lite is similar but slightly better if you don't mind buying online.

Just my opinion but going by all the Three threads that pop up, there seems to be a lot of grief with connections to the network.
    But good price for the mi for €139

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Just my opinion but going by all the Three threads that pop up, there seems to be a lot of grief with connections to the network.
    But good price for the mi for €139

It comes unlocked so you can put in whatever sim you want, you're not stuck with 3.

Advertisement