Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTunes Family Share

Options
  • 01-11-2018 4:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭

I want to use Family Share so that my sister's can use my iTunes movies but I have a few films I don't want to include like horror movies, Alien, etc. because she has kids and even browsing the library can show scary artwork.

I know it is is possible to hide movies on Family Share but am I also hiding the movies on all of my own devices too? The instructions on the Apple support pages (and on the other sites that copy the instructions) don't state if that is the case but the process seems to be the same as the regular ay to hide movies but I'm not sure if it is separate the Family Share is turned on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Not possible to pick and choose what movies you share.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Not possible to pick and choose what movies you share.

Yes it is. A person can hide any movie, app, music or book they got
    from iTunes the other people in the Family Share.

I just wasn't sure if the hidden content also disappears from the devices of Share's administrator.

I now know it does because it is simply the process as hiding purchases you no longer use.

Family Share is a good idea but not much use unless you can properly hide horror movies, etc. on it without removing it from your own library.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭3DataModem

You can age-limit the other members of the family, prevents them seeing anything inappropriate. It's pretty flexible.

3DataModem wrote: »
    You can age-limit the other members of the family, prevents them seeing anything inappropriate. It's pretty flexible.

Yes, I knew that the movies, songs, etc. can be prevented from being played but the artwork is still visible and for Aliens and other horror it is a hand over the eyes for kids.

It is a minor quibble but I'm sure it something that the boffins at Apple could work out if they had thought of it. I throw in feedback every now and again for things like that but I'd imagine there has to be a lot of similar messages coming from people before it reaches them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Yes it is. A person can hide any movie, app, music or book they got
    from iTunes the other people in the Family Share.

I just wasn't sure if the hidden content also disappears from the devices of Share's administrator.

I now know it does because it is simply the process as hiding purchases you no longer use.

Family Share is a good idea but not much use unless you can properly hide horror movies, etc. on it without removing it from your own library.

That’s what I meant.

That you would be required to hide it from yourself too.

Sorry that I wasn’t clearer.

• Advertisement

FourFourFM wrote: »
    That’s what I meant.

That you would be required to hide it from yourself too.

Sorry that I wasn’t clearer.

No, if I had stopped to think on it before responding I would have seen it obvious what you meant.

Cheers. :)

Advertisement