Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mate 20 Pro

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

jacksie66 wrote: »
    My contract is up with vodafone in a few weeks. Thinking of switching to three and getting this on 45 a month. Bit hesitant about threes coverage and data speeds though..

Yeah thinking of moving to 3 for it as Eir are not offering it. But their coverage outside of Dublin is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 rcdunne1

Does anyone know what the Three offer is? Have they got any prices for it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

rcdunne1 wrote:
    Does anyone know what the Three offer is? Have they got any prices for it yet?

Offer is on their website homepage and no there doesn't appear to be prices as of yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Anyone hear any info about this being released in Ireland? I've asked three and vodafone and they haven't a clue about its release..

8th November apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Flossy Carter Unboxing

Flossy Carter Unboxing

It looks beautiful...throws it screen face down on plank of wood

Loads of reports about green screen issues on new handsets on reddit. Huawei tried to claim it was standard for oled screens but have been forced to admit issue and apparently its a bad batch of phones.
    If you get a bad one contact asap as they have the batch numbers and will ship a replacement device.
    Shocking for a flagship device.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭padair

Blazer wrote: »
    Loads of reports about green screen issues on new handsets on reddit. Huawei tried to claim it was standard for oled screens but have been forced to admit issue and apparently its a bad batch of phones.
    If you get a bad one contact asap as they have the batch numbers and will ship a replacement device.

True,
    At least batteries are not expanding, or the phones are not catching fire or the internal memory becomes corrupt causing countless reboots. The above are a few of the issues that have bligted Samsung phones over the years

Edit, there is always oneplus 6t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

This phone is brilliant. It's got a couple of quirks I'm not a fan of but willing to over look them.
    The gesture control is brilliant.

I would like to be able to pull down the notification bar just by swiping down on the home screen. It's something I used to be able to do with my OnePlus 3T.

Any idea if the OnePlus launcher can be installed without issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭clacks

Did anyone get their amazon delivery yet? Still waiting. Ordered October 16th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

wingnut32 wrote: »
    I see harvey norman is a November 8th release, any word what the release date is with vodafone?

They seem to have pushed this out to the 16th from today.

Three now offering this.
    €519 on bill pay of €30 and €349 on the €60 a month.
    Completely taking the piss considering they’re offering it in the UK for £45 upfront on a £45 a month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

Three now offering this.
    Completely taking the piss considering they’re offering it in the UK for £45 upfront on a £45 a month contract.

Buy it on prepay then for 899, sounds like quite a good offer that way as phone is 1049 in Harvey Norman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Three now offering this.

- Any idea on how much if available on Prepay?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 rcdunne1

Three now offering this.

Is that an upgrade offer? I can only see €649 for the €30 plan.

- Would this stop anyone getting one? Only one bad batch?

Might get on Three Prepay. Don't fancy having to return it if I did.

Delta2113 wrote: »
    - Would this stop anyone getting one? Only one bad batch?

Might get on Three Prepay. Don't fancy having to return it if I did.

As you as you didn’t mind dealing with Huawei’s crap customer support. Everyone is giving out about it plus their refusal to acknowledge the issue at first.
    When I read this I ended up getting the iPhone X’s max. Cost me the same price as what three are charging for this.
    Hopefully Huawei improve their customer support by the time my next upgrade comes around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

Do the Irish carriers have the dual sim version of the Mate 20 Pro or do they all only sell the single sim version?

• Advertisement

reni10 wrote: »
    Do the Irish carriers have the dual sim version of the Mate 20 Pro or do they all only sell the single sim version?

-Single.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

So anyone buy one from Three yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sth_safal

dan786 wrote: »

Bought mine today. Hopefully will arrive tomorrow. Received order confirmation but not the dispatch email/text.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭padair

dan786 wrote: »

Nope,
    Pulled trigger on OnePlus 6t

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

I ordered off Vodafone this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sth_safal

jonny_b wrote: »
    I ordered off Vodafone this evening.

I wanted to buy from Vodafone but they didn't have anything about free watch while three sales rep said they are going to send watch with the phone.

sth_safal wrote: »
    I wanted to buy from Vodafone but they didn't have anything about free watch while three sales rep said they are going to send watch with the phone.

Vodafone reps said the first 100 would come with the watch and charger. I highly doubt 100 people have ordered tonight

Edit: if you really want the freebies Carphone Warehouse have them online for Vodafone from tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cowlick

Seems to be the black colour only, Freebies will be gone by the time other colours available

cowlick wrote: »
    Seems to be the black colour only, Freebies will be gone by the time other colours available

Does color really matter? It’s the back of the phone, how often do you look at the back? Also do you not use a cover? I would have liked the twilight myself but I’ll have a cover on it so it’s gonna make no difference to me really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Went with one from Three hoping it comes factory unlocked like the P20 Pro did and still does.

Advertisement