Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pixel 3 thread, featuring 'The Notch'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Im after picking a 128gb pixel 2 xl yesterday for half the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kooto1982

I hear this news only on this community about pixel 3 notch.

Kooto1982 wrote: »
    I hear this news only on this community about pixel 3 notch.

Here is the only place you've heard about it being an issue? Go spend a little time looking at any tech reviewers on YouTube. Guarantee every single one of them will mention it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Basil3 wrote: »
    Here is the only place you've heard about it being an issue? Go spend a little time looking at any tech reviewers on YouTube. Guarantee every single one of them will mention it.

I'm clad you deciphered what that was about because I hadn't enough coffee to work it out.

Indeed, I'd say you'd be hard pushed to find anywhere not mentioning the notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

Patww79 wrote: »
    I'm clad you deciphered what that was about because I hadn't enough coffee to work it out.

Indeed, I'd say you'd be hard pushed to find anywhere not mentioning the notch.

Well the 3 doesn't have a notch. Just the 3xl

• Advertisement

Well the 3 doesn't have a notch. Just the 3xl

That's true too. I don't mind it on the XL anyway, I currently have a 15mm x 67mm notch on my Pixel 2 so it'd be way smaller anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Battery seems really small for a top phone, had bigger batteries in 2012.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I'd like to see bigger too but Jelly Bean needed bigger batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Maybe now is the time to go buy a Pixel 2
    Doesn't look like there's been any drop in price if you are trying to get one from the Google store. I'm delighted with the timing of my purchase in May. 128GB for the price of 64GB when the price was even lower than it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Doesn't look like there's been any drop in price if you are trying to get one from the Google store. I'm delighted with the timing of my purchase in May. 128GB for the price of 64GB when the price was even lower than it is now.

I definitely wont be buying from the Google Store. We get enough good deals over here thank god

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Where's the best place to buy the pixel 2 XL then lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Im after picking a 128gb pixel 2 xl yesterday for half the price.

Where?

The Pixel 3 prices are insane. The Shark has been jumped(though i said that when the high end price hit 500)
    I don't give a crap about what the spec's say, high end device from today is not worth double €€ of the high end device of a couple of years ago. The tech has flatlined. People are paying 'stupid tax' at this stage.

Carphonewearhouse up north have them heavily discounted. Or try find a good one on donedeal\adverts.
    bidiots wrote: »
    Where?

Sorry missed this. I got one off Donedeal. Always a risk I know.

Carphone Warehouse would at least guarantee there isn't a brick in the box instead of a phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Carphonewearhouse up north have them heavily discounted. Or try find a good one on donedeal\adverts.

Sorry missed this. I got one off Donedeal. Always a risk I know.

Ah, I thought eglobal or somewhere like that. Adverts can be a minefield but a bit 'safer' than donedeal, for phones anyway

bidiots wrote: »
    Ah, I thought eglobal or somewhere like that. Adverts can be a minefield but a bit 'safer' than donedeal, for phones anyway

A quick look on wondamobile and they have the XL at £569

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

I'm interested in the XL, is there dual SIM? This is my main requirement

Edit, I see it hasn't. Damn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

Can you buy this in newry in store?

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/google/pixel-3-xl.html#!colour=black&capacity=128GB&dealType=sf

Looks like about 100 euro saving on Irish store pricing

Can you buy this in newry in store?

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/google/pixel-3-xl.html#!colour=black&capacity=128GB&dealType=sf

Looks like about 100 euro saving on Irish store pricing

Yeah I bought my pixel 2 in a cpw up north.

No sign of Layer but mnml have cases up already for $15 so just ordered one. 872MNML still works too as a discount code.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    No sign of Layer but mnml have cases up already for $15 so just ordered one. 872MNML still works too as a discount code.

I see they have Note 9 cases now. Do they do anything in the case of a drop, or you might as well just go naked?

Basil3 wrote: »
    I see they have Note 9 cases now. Do they do anything in the case of a drop, or you might as well just go naked?

Stopping scratches on the back is about their limit I'd say. Dropping one with one on would definitely be like dropping it with nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

Just thinking of the same Newry trip that I did with the pixel1, and with Brexit looming may be even more favourable

By all accounts the screen is much better too (not sure what this website is but apparently it's well regarded).

https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/10/09/displaymate-says-pixel-3-xl-display-gets-rating/

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kraiox

Anybody know the networks the Pixel 3 will be available on? Also, are those USB-C headphones gonna be sold separately? (Then again, it happened with the Apple earbuds...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Kraiox wrote: »
    Anybody know the networks the Pixel 3 will be available on? Also, are those USB-C headphones gonna be sold separately? (Then again, it happened with the Apple earbuds...)

Apple earbuds come in the box and always have.

Kraiox wrote: »

Apparently the headphones are in the box with all models.

Vodafone are doing it here (so far anyway). One bought from Google will be unlocked to any network.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

Which one ye ordering?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

Looks like the notch can be turned off. Looks just like a pixel 2. https://t.co/avkUf8G2CW

• Advertisement

How does the free YouTube subscription work when you're already a subscriber?

Advertisement