Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon return lost

Options
  • 16-11-2018 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

I'm in a tricky situation with Amazon. I returned a TV to them on the 15th of October with UPS shipping, it was delivered on the 18th of October and signed for by someone at the Dock named "HUDSON". Amazon say there's no sign of the return in their warehouse. The courier says it was successfully delivered so no issues on their part and have given me proof but now I don't know where I stand.

I've tried pursuing Amazon through their "executive support" email and it's as useful as their regular one. I've rang them numerous times but I get the same old spiel. I've asked them if delivery was taken or even if the person who accepted the package is recognizable in some way - got nothing else to go on and they just say the returns centre does not have that return yet over and over again. I've provided them screenshots of my emails with UPS and proof of delivery but they're not interested.

I don't think I'm in a position now where I can claim the courier lost it so am I just fecked?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

BeerFarts wrote: »
    I don't think I'm in a position now where I can claim the courier lost it so am I just fecked?

You're not fecked, in my view you're on pretty solid footing. You have a delivery receipt for the item being returned to Amazon, that they have since lost it is their problem not yours. I would not get the courier involved, they seem to have done their job.

I'm pretty sure I had a similar issue (i.e. return going missing) in the past but it was a low value item so the support agent just refunded.

I assume you paid for this on credit card? If so I'd get on to Amazon again and tell them that your next step if going to be to open a chargeback with your credit card company. If that does not move them I'd start the chargeback process.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭BeerFarts

I got another proof of delivery tonight from UPS showing that it was delivered to an Amazon address with the signature on it. No matter what I say to Amazon I get the same response and there's no effort at all to help me even when I ask about the person who signed for it. I feel like if I could get past their first line of support I might have some chance but that seems impossible, I'm just being told they've received nothing and to have a nice day. It's like dealing with robots.

I did order with a credit card but I'm apprehensive about mentioning the charge back but I suppose I've got nothing else to lose at this stage. I'm really frustrated with this and never expected it from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭JTMan

Don't be afraid of chargeback. It is there to protect consumers in these type of situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭BeerFarts

They finally issued a refund after bombarding them with emails last night. Jesus that was ten times more painful than it should have been. Thanks for your replies, I appreciate it.

Advertisement