Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile phone companies, which is best value?

Options
  • 15-11-2018 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Im with 3 & top up every month by 20 euro but I often top up more frequently. I really need to cut back. I was in an post today & for a monthly top up of 20 I can get over 7gb of data. I forget how many minutes I would get but overall sounded like a better deal than what I’m on presently. If my credit is not used up by end of month it is automatically carried forward to following month. 48 have a very good offer too but they have no customer service only online. I tried 48 a few years ago & nearly had a canary as temporarily lost a lot of my phone numbers when I was trying to switch over. Advice ladies/gents?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭JTMan

What is causing you to have to top up before the 30 days are out? Minutes to other networks?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭tamara25

JTMan wrote: »
    What is causing you to have to top up before the 30 days are out? Minutes to other networks?
    I use u tube a lot & it’s obviously very heavy on data/credit

Don’t make a huge amount of calls

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

20 euro top up on a 3 payg phone SIM gives unlimited data for 28 days, it's impossible to use any credit on data during the 28 days. Calls to non-3 numbers are 35c per min so that's about an hour of calls for 20 euro.

Unless you're on some older plan that's different to that?

Thanks, I must find out which plan I’m on first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

tamara25 wrote:
    Thanks, I must find out which plan I’m on first.

It may be that you are on a legacy O2 plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭corks finest

Vodaphone X,20 GB,I'm signed up for weekend,which all calls/ data etc are free from Friday 3 o c/ Sunday midnight,also 100 calls/ unlimited texts outside of that

Advertisement