Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xiaomi Mi Mix 3

• 25-10-2018 11:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭

Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 announced with 10GB Ram, very little bezels and slide out cameras!

Looks to be a brilliant device. Specs are top notch :

6.39-inch FHD+(2340x1080) Samsung AMOLED panel 19.5:9 Aspect
    Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chip
    10GB of RAM

4K video recording, and 960fps slow-motion

1-1-884x1024-668x774.png

Presale for about €600

https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_mix_3_official-news-33901.php

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Pecarlo1

GBX wrote: »
    Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 announced with 10GB Ram, very little bezels and slide out cameras!

Looks to be a brilliant device. Specs are top notch :

6.39-inch FHD+(2340x1080) Samsung AMOLED panel 19.5:9 Aspect
    Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chip
    10GB of RAM

4K video recording, and 960fps slow-motion

1-1-884x1024-668x774.png

Presale for about €600

https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_mix_3_official-news-33901.php

Nice but can't decide this or one plus 6t. Screen to body ratio are nearly the same. And specs seem to be also same.

What are your thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Its basically a coin toss between them. Not much in the difference and both premium devices. Personally I like the look of the MiMix3. Id probably go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭breeno

This looks like a fantastic phone. Would the versions showing up today on Aliexpress etc be Chinese models or would they be suitable for use here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Invincible

Geekbuying have it on pre-order €754.
    Maybe wait for mishop uk to stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kraiox

Shouldn't it be around $475 for the lowest spec version? That's about €417. Also, anybody know the best way to get it here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

Looks like Three are going to be selling Xiaomi. https://www.three.ie/brand/xiaomi/register-your-interest/ I wonder if they will get the Mi Mix 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,929 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Anybody manage to get this phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Much prefer the Honor magic 2, better performance with the new Kirin 980, build quality, in screen fingerprint scanner and battery. Only issue is there's currently only a Chinese release. Would buy the global version.

I've been watching lots of YouTube videos on the mi mix 3 and there's a big gap on the slider after a few days which is worrying for longevity reasons.

Watch this..

tedpan wrote: »
    Much prefer the Honor magic 2, better performance with the new Kirin 980, build quality, in screen fingerprint scanner and battery. Only issue is there's currently only a Chinese release. Would buy the global version.

I've been watching lots of YouTube videos on the mi mix 3 and there's a big gap on the slider after a few days which is worrying for longevity reasons.

Watch this..

Definitely would prefer the Honor but I think we might get a European release of the Mix 3

• Advertisement

seannash wrote:
    Definitely would prefer the Honor but I think we might get a European release of the Mix 3

Yeah looks that way.. There's huge interest in the magic 2, so maybe!

Pulled the trigger and bought this for the missus for Christmas. Was going to wait for the global version but would be cutting it too close with delivery times.
    Hopefully its not too tricky to get operational whilst I wait for the global rom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭Timmyr

I've just recently bought a Mi Mix 2s, awesome phone as I didnt want to wait for the Global Version of Mi Mix 3

The global version Mi mix 3 is 491e on gearbest. Unreal for the specs..

Overall the report so far from my missus is that it's a great phone however Snapchat isn't behaving. Everyone she opens it it prompts her to drag the screen down for the front camera.
    Also Snapchat camera is very zoomed in but it's a known issue

seannash wrote:
    Overall the report so far from my missus is that it's a great phone however Snapchat isn't behaving. Everyone she opens it it prompts her to drag the screen down for the front camera. Also Snapchat camera is very zoomed in but it's a known issue

Hmm that's annoying, does she have the global version with Google play services etc?

Hmm that's annoying, does she have the global version with Google play services etc?

There no official global version yet as far as I know. There is an unofficial rom but I haven't put it on yet.
    So she had the regular version but Google play services are Installed on it

seannash wrote:
    There no official global version yet as far as I know. There is an unofficial rom but I haven't put it on yet. So she had the regular version but Google play services are Installed on it

Gearbest are listing it as the global version with all the LTE bands and play store from stock.

Gearbest are listing it as the global version with all the LTE bands and play store from stock.

The 8gig ram version has all the bands by default I believe.
    No official global version yet from what I know. Could be wrong but haven't heard anything form any official sources

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Honorbuy are listing a global version for €510

• Advertisement

bodonnell wrote: »
    Honorbuy are listing a global version for €510

Decent price within the EU too..

Global version

Decent price within the EU too..

Global version

Hmmm not sure on that video.he claims the power brick is an EU one but it's the exact same one that came with my Chinese version.

Seems like its being released in Europe tomorrow. I doubt that the resellers have stock of it already.
    If you can wait I'd wait

https://www.gizchina.com/2019/01/07/xiaomi-mi-mix-3-to-be-official-in-malaysia-on-january-12-india-launch-near/

seannash wrote:
    Seems like its being released in Europe tomorrow. I doubt that the resellers have stock of it already. If you can wait I'd wait

They're all on pre order. Set to ship in a few days. 490e is an unreal price..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Finally managed to get an EU Jade Green Mix 3, arrived yesterday, coming from a OnePlus 3.

The phone looks great, I'm happy I waited for the Jade one. The screen looks much better than my previous.
    Thought MIUI would put me off the phone, but with Nova Launcher on it, its fine. The notification system is just plain weird though, took some figuring out how to fix that.

Got a mix 3 a couple of weeks ago & everything was fine until yesterday.
    Updated yesterday to miui 10.21 (peemixm).
    Now I no longer get the phone network symbol on my car touchscreen, Bluetooth for audio works fine just no network symbol.
    I have tried a different phone & it connects fine so the issue is on mine since the update.
    I have gone thru' settings looking for something obvious but no joy.
    I have deleted & reconnected to the cars system several times, the network bars are visible for a few seconds then disappear.
    Anyone come across this ?
    Sorry for long post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

bodonnell wrote: »
    Got a mix 3 a couple of weeks ago & everything was fine until yesterday.
    Updated yesterday to miui 10.21 (peemixm).
    Now I no longer get the phone network symbol on my car touchscreen, Bluetooth for audio works fine just no network symbol.
    I have tried a different phone & it connects fine so the issue is on mine since the update.
    I have gone thru' settings looking for something obvious but no joy.
    I have deleted & reconnected to the cars system several times, the network bars are visible for a few seconds then disappear.
    Anyone come across this ?
    Sorry for long post.
    Is it a VW? I have only ever had this issue with my 2 Xiaomi phones (stock and MIUI) in my car. It works sometimes, at random. A reported fix (which I have not tried yet) is to disable the Contacts Sharing option in the bluetooth profile (Defaults to Phone, Media and Contacts).

blog-bluetooth-pairing-android-screenshot-630.png

http://en.miui.com/thread-307000-1-1.html

Thanks, will try that.
    It's a Honda, my RN5 worked perfectly on it & the mix was fine until yesterday.

Advertisement