Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

United Ireland Police Force

• 09-11-2018 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

If a United Ireland was to become a thing, how would AGS and the PSNI merge?
    Wouldn't AGS have to become armed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

opfleet wrote: »

Why would they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭JDigweed

They should be armed anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

United Ireland, with NI been an autonomous state. I can't ever seen it been fully merged in my lifetime. As a side note the Unionist seem to me very very still in the past, they can barely agree on a border, don't think they are or ever will be ready for talks on a UI in the next 100 years. I think they are giving the rest of the UK a bit of a headache also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

TallGlass wrote: »
    United Ireland, with NI been an autonomous state. I can't ever seen it been fully merged in my lifetime. As a side note the Unionist seem to me very very still in the past, they can barely agree on a border, don't think they are or ever will be ready for talks on a UI in the next 100 years. I think they are giving the rest of the UK a bit of a headache also.
    If there is a majority in favour of a United Ireland, no need to placate the unionists then there will be a United Ireland. If the unionists don't like it they can fcuk off back across the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭DavidAdam

Forget a United Ireland. We can't afford the 26 counties we already have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

DavidAdam wrote: »
    Forget a United Ireland. We can't afford the 26 counties we already have.

Totally off topic, and unsubstantiated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

PSNI officers are routinely armed with Glock 9mm pistols.

If there was a united Ireland, uniformed Gardaí could use the Glock 17 and detectives could have the Glock 19. In areas of high threat, i.e Belfast, north inner Dublin city, Heckler and Koch G36s could be used.

You know your guns.
    I'd say we'd have to arm our AGS, there'd be trouble for a while if it happened.
    You could look at the appointment of Drew Harris as foresight by the Irish Govt when they appointed him.
    Nah, I doubt that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,529 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Hopefully not. AGS is a totally dysfunctional organisation so ideally it would be disbanded and the PSNI structures extended across the island.

Scrap the cap!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

We'll cross that bridge if/when we come to it. Not an ES issue.

Thread closed.

-Shield

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement